SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#205012 - 09/05/07 07:45 AM what do you guys know about the RECEPTOR?
keysvocalssax Offline

Loc: Miami FL nov-may/Lakeville CT ...
never knew about this, seems it could be like answered prayers? thanks to Dan01 for clueing me in, and to Nigel for sending me this link: http://museresearch.com/

------------------
Miami Mo

#205013 - 09/05/07 08:13 AM Re: what do you guys know about the RECEPTOR?
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
You might want to check out the Receptor forum over at KVR-Audio Mo. Here is the link: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=45

I love the idea btw, but for me ...and just for me.. I have a fair amount of experience using VST's in a computer setting( Translated : I've screwed up a lot ) and I can work comfortably with a dedicated laptop as my sound and effects module.

If I was starting from scratch, then I might be at least somewhat inclined to believe that the learning curve might be less with Receptor.

Regards

AJ

#205014 - 09/05/07 08:38 AM Re: what do you guys know about the RECEPTOR?
montana Offline

Loc: red lodge,mt,usa
From what I've read it could be the greatest thing for the studio. I've been waiting for a software anwser to hardware. Next we would need a good software style player and a way to control the software.

#205015 - 09/05/07 08:56 AM Re: what do you guys know about the RECEPTOR?
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Miami Mo
Do a search on SZ as the Receptor has been featured numerous times, (Make sure you also check the Software Forum) and a couple of members do use them.
It is an excellent concept and has gone down well in most circles, don’t forget to have a look at the package versions, as they include a number of VSTs, and they work out much cheaper then buying them separately. (Be aware that not all VSTs will work as yet (The main ones usually work without problems) but Muse Research are continually expanding compatibility for the remaining ones)
I would have considered one myself, however as my keyboard can load and play VSTs direct, it would be rather superfluous, but if you have a hardware board that you are happy with and wish to use VSTs, then the Receptor is easier to use then setting everything up on a laptop.
Hope this helps

Bill

#205016 - 09/05/07 06:13 PM Re: what do you guys know about the RECEPTOR?
keysvocalssax Offline

Loc: Miami FL nov-may/Lakeville CT ...
thanks to all for the education!

------------------
Miami Mo

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online