SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#211610 - 07/14/07 02:45 PM Looking for midi site
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Sometime ago, someone posted a link to a midi site that I thought was one of the best I had ever come across. Since then, the HD that was on has a bug in it, and I may not be able to get anything out of it. An 80G HD with over 2 years of stuff saved. Argh!

Anyway, this midi site leaned towards newer types stuff, (to me anyway) and they were top quality midis that sounded great with no tweaking.

It seemed like it was run by musicians that used it in their band and that maybe they even put some of these up to share and to invite others to upload other good midis.

This is what I remember and I might be a little off. The name was actually rather descriptive and something like cool midis, midis 4 you, etc.

One thing I have learned. If there is a link that you really want to keep no matter what happens, I have been emailing myself the link and saving it in a folder. This includes passwords to get into SVP and you name it.

Does anyone have a clue which site this might be?

Best
Scott

#211611 - 07/14/07 02:52 PM Re: Looking for midi site
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland

#211612 - 07/14/07 02:58 PM Re: Looking for midi site
Scott Langholff Offline

Thanx for reply DanO, but this was a free midi site. It had a search engine. Seems to me it listed the top midis on the home page and you could look stuff up according to genre and artist.

Man, I just gotta find that site again.

Scott

#211613 - 07/14/07 03:01 PM Re: Looking for midi site
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#211614 - 07/14/07 03:03 PM Re: Looking for midi site
Scott Langholff Offline

Interestingly enough, it appears that in my talking about it here, my memory came to my aid. I had remembered thinking this is one site I have to remember and it must have worked
http://www.cool-midi.com/

I am now going to email this to myself and save it in a folder that will be permanent!

If anybody checks out this site and it has the same quiz to win a new Sidekick 3, then who is this guy er girl or whatever that had surgery, or is this another digital trick?

Scott

#211615 - 07/14/07 06:42 PM Re: Looking for midi site
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Scott, I think you might be looking for www.cool-midi.com - just kidding

Here are a couple other good sites: www.olsoncomputers.com/prime/midis/alphabetical http://www.fortunecity.com/tinpan/oasis/880/country/country.htm

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online