SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#163858 - 10/17/06 07:04 AM Uninteresting posts
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I have my preferences set to see the postings for the last two days. Right now less than half of the posts have 15 or more replies. And only two of them are highlighted as me having read them. Is that because there's nothing interesting to ask or mention? Many of the names I signed on with two years ago are hardly heard from. Are the new members just not as exciting, or what?

#163859 - 10/17/06 10:21 AM Re: Uninteresting posts
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
cass, ... I hope you're not finding us boring ... ?
a little over a week ago I posted a song and got 7 comments ... I don't know if people were being kind by NOT commenting or what, but the 7 day time limit at 'you send it.com' ran out before the D/L limit did ... I even posted the question "Where is everybody?" a day or so later (that got 14 responses) ...

I think the population here has been changing for some time, and especially so after some of the heated exchanges and possible 'fraudulent' postings ...

Now I think it will take a new board to get people going again ...

t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 10-17-2006).]

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 10-17-2006).]

#163860 - 10/17/06 11:01 AM Re: Uninteresting posts
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I don't have a NEW board, but I've been busy buying up a Korg X5, X5DR and now an X5D.

Why, you ask. I started out wanting the X5D and mistakenly bought the X5. Then I thought I'd sell the X5 and bought the X5DR to use with a midi keyboard or midi up to another board - I'm really not into midi cinnections that much, so there goes that idea.

Now I've bought the elusive X5D (at $1.50 more than I paid for the X5)and I don't have a manual.

I've got the actual X5 manual and a PDF version for the X5DR. The keyboard and module are up for sale. I need the X5 manual now. Can anyone help?

I know about Mark Glinsky

#163861 - 10/17/06 11:18 AM Re: Uninteresting posts
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
When there are few new products coming to market, this forum slows down. The excitement of new releases drives a lot of conversation. During the past year, fewer new products have shown up. It's even slow in my store. Most of my arranger customers want to buy the latest and greatest........and there really has not been much to write about. Around 2000, Ketron, Generalmusic, Korg, Roland and Yamaha all had many products we were all interested in talking about. But think about it.......not much new to discuss. I also think that some of the familiar names have had their issues with some of the conversation here this past year and just decided to bow out of frequent conversations though I would suspect are still checking in from time to time.
Just wait till the PA800 from Korg, the Ketron SD5 and perhaps something new from Yamaha at the NAMM show next January spurs new interest among us. Then we will see a lot of conversation around here again.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566 www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

#163862 - 10/17/06 12:06 PM Re: Uninteresting posts
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Cassp,

We are all too busy and too excited about the Tigers being in the World Series to post about keyboards right now. You know what I mean?

Tom

Tom

#163863 - 10/17/06 12:18 PM Re: Uninteresting posts
George V Offline

Loc: Sofia
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
cass, ... I hope you're not finding us boring ... ?
a little over a week ago I posted a song and got 7 comments ... I don't know if people were being kind by NOT commenting or what, but the 7 day time limit at 'you send it.com' ran out before the D/L limit did ... I even posted the question "Where is everybody?" a day or so later (that got 14 responses) ...

I think the population here has been changing for some time, and especially so after some of the heated exchanges and possible 'fraudulent' postings ...

Now I think it will take a new board to get people going again ...
Hi,

The fact that people do not respond to your music does not necessarily mean they don't like it.

I remember the first time I posted something on the zone. I got tens of positive comments. My further works didn't get many comments but the number of downloads showed the audience was still interested in what I upload. My latest upload ('When The Sun Has Fallen Asleep') was my most downloaded song, though it got the fewest comments.

Bear in mind that people who download songs are not necessarily registered Synthzone users who are able to comment here.

Regards,
George

[This message has been edited by George V (edited 10-17-2006).]

#163864 - 10/17/06 12:24 PM Re: Uninteresting posts
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Cavanaugh:
Cassp,

We are all too busy and too excited about the Tigers being in the World Series to post about keyboards right now. You know what I mean?

Tom

Tom,
That is interesting... None of the musicians that I know here in the Netherlands are that much interested in sports that it influences their life
In other words most musicians are less interested in sports then the avarage John Doe.

Is that different in USA?

#163865 - 10/17/06 01:16 PM Re: Uninteresting posts
zuki Offline

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tom Cavanaugh:

Figures: As soon as I leave MI, the Tigers become good Enjoy

zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#163866 - 10/17/06 02:05 PM Re: Uninteresting posts
trevorjohn Offline

Loc: Cambridge United Kingdom
I have noticed that whilst there appears to have been a decline in postings on this forum recently, there seems to have been a corresponding increase in activity on the Yamaha Club forum over the same period.
Could that be anything to do with the fact that users seem to be a bit less abrasive over there?

By the way, having seen in many natural history programmes on television that tigers are becoming extinct, I am surprised to hear that you still, it would seem, have them running around in the States. Presumably this is why you all need to keep firearms at home. In the UK we have nothing more dangerous than feral politicians and our cross and longbows are adequate to deal with them.

Trevor

#163867 - 10/17/06 03:11 PM Re: Uninteresting posts
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Personally speaking, I was chased away by all the boneheads,negative attitudes,attacks, and comments from many of the members. The tone of the board changed negatively. I don't need more negativity in my life, especially where music is concerned. I used to come here for the friendships and camaraderie. That doesn't seem to be here much anymore; unless you have similar equipment to other people.

I choose not to participate much anymore and I think many other people feel the same way.

Just my two cents.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online