SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#212683 - 01/22/06 09:31 PM Ebay Fee
jpapas Offline

Loc: Somewhere in CA
I've read in some posts that ebay charges you for selling your stuff. I wasn't aware of this.
Now that I'm selling my Mo Es8, I'd like to know what the fee is.
Does anyone know how much I have to pay? Is it a % of the value of your item?
I'd appreciate any info on this.

jpapas

#212684 - 01/22/06 10:24 PM Re: Ebay Fee
Harold Offline

Loc: Harrisville,Pa USA
Hello....E-bay has their listing fee... Then after someone buys,You also will be charged a final value fee of 2.9% of the final value(Selling) price...If Someone pays you with pay-pal, you will be accessed another 2.9%!!! of your Final selling price...Gets quite expensive on higher dollar Items...Hope this helps

#212685 - 01/22/06 10:31 PM Re: Ebay Fee
KeithB Offline

Loc: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
All the detail is on the Ebay site. You could therefore do your own research - perhaps more reliable that way.
Regards
Keith

#212686 - 01/22/06 10:40 PM Re: Ebay Fee
jpapas Offline

Wow That's quite a fee.
Oh well, I guess I'll be keeping my MO after all.
Thanks for the help.

#212687 - 01/23/06 01:18 AM Re: Ebay Fee
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
I've bought and sold a large number of items including keyboards and speakers on ebay using PayPal and it is a great deal. You should be able to sell your equipment faster and for more money then if done locally. Figure in a little extra for the small fees that are charged. On the other hand a little less money is better than something collecting dust at your home.

IMHO to overlook ebay you are missing the boat.

Best
Scott Langholff
http://ScottLMusic.com

#212688 - 01/23/06 03:19 AM Re: Ebay Fee
Harold Offline

Loc: Harrisville,Pa USA
Hello....Scott is Correct...There is no better place to get the coverage for buying or selling world wide if you choose(I don't very often)...US only...I have used E-bay over 465 Positive times(My feedback) for Sales and Purchases...This is in Music Gear only!..Our Friend Dano (Baltimore Keyboards) Does a Large amount of Sales there!
Yes, It can be considered a little pricey(Fees) But Nothing else is even close...As Scott says you ajust your prices to cover the Fees, etc...All the Credit card Companies charge Business the SAME fee or higher for accepting their Credit cards as payment. So really E-bay is in line in this respect..By the way...E-bay also owns Pay-pal now!...Gee...If I had only had the Idea a few years ago!...Or just the profit for ONE day My Wife and I would not have to work ever again, Plus my 31 year old Son,Plus????

#212689 - 01/23/06 08:43 AM Re: Ebay Fee
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
I have recently become a user of eBay as a seller..Previously I had bought lots of items on eBay with great success, i.e extremely low prices for items I could not have got anywhere else without a lot of hassle and a lot of money to boot.
I have now just become a successful SELLER on eBay of a TX81Z which I had used very little but it had taken up space in my studio for over 4 years!
Needless to say I have caught the bug. I will sell loads of things I want to move out for getting back used space in my studio.
I highly recommend eBay for anyone. For long enough I just used to look on as others made their money, now I am beginning to build a small business.
Have a go!
It may sound like a spam commercial, but honestly I really do recommend it!
I even have a link on my website now!
cheers
Eddie Johnson

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

#212690 - 01/23/06 08:23 PM Re: Ebay Fee
jpapas Offline

Yeah I guess I could give it a try. Now that I've bought me a Ty2 I don't really need a full blown workstation just for the piano.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online