SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#208106 - 10/02/05 07:12 PM First Songs created on Tyros2 available for Your Listening Enjoyment !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Checkout these terrific NEW songs. ALL were created with TYROS2:

Yamaha Tyros2 Players Paradise

Scott

#208107 - 10/02/05 07:37 PM Re: First Songs created on Tyros2 available for Your Listening Enjoyment !
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Nice. Who are these people? Where'd they get the boards? Why are they doing this? And these seem to be full arrangements -- not style based. Is that correct?

#208108 - 10/02/05 07:41 PM Re: First Songs created on Tyros2 available for Your Listening Enjoyment !
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
HOLY COW !!!!

Thanks Scott.

The sounds are incredible!
How did you find this?

Larry

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#208109 - 10/02/05 08:44 PM Re: First Songs created on Tyros2 available for Your Listening Enjoyment !
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Are these Yamaha employees?

How else could they possibly have the Tyros2?

Tom G.

#208110 - 10/02/05 09:10 PM Re: First Songs created on Tyros2 available for Your Listening Enjoyment !
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by chony:
Who are these people?
Their names are listed along with the song title names. Links to the artist's website's are also included.

Quote:
Where'd they get the boards?
Certainly NOT from Roland, Korg, or Ketron

Quote:
Why are they doing this??
To showcase Tyros2 & promote their own musical talent & career I'm sure.

Quote:
these seem to be full arrangements -- not style based.
Some songs appear to feature BOTH Tyros2's sounds & styles, while others showcase the Tyros2 instrument voices using external sequencer arrangements.

Quote:
Originally posted by TomTomSF:
Are these Yamaha employees?
Not necesarily employees, but perhaps musicians selected by Yamaha to create music to showcase Tyros2's sounds & styles.

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 10-02-2005).]

#208111 - 10/02/05 09:43 PM Re: First Songs created on Tyros2 available for Your Listening Enjoyment !
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hi guys,

sorry to burst your bubble, but these are old XG midi songs that I downloaded already years ago from a Yamaha site (US but they took it off, just checked).

It sounds like they use the T2 engine but very little else was done to them.

Eric

#208112 - 10/02/05 10:12 PM Re: First Songs created on Tyros2 available for Your Listening Enjoyment !
Scottyee Offline

Hi Eric, if what you're saying is really true, then this most definitively is a deceptive trick on Yamaha's part to give us the FALSE impression that these are brand NEW songs performed on or with Tyros2. I believe Yamaha should step forward and clarify this. - Scott

#208113 - 10/03/05 02:49 AM Re: First Songs created on Tyros2 available for Your Listening Enjoyment !
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
this is true Scott as i have some of these songs downloaded on my PSR 8000 . They are at least 2 years old..... Dont know what Yamaha are trying to achieve here.......

#208114 - 10/03/05 05:48 AM Re: First Songs created on Tyros2 available for Your Listening Enjoyment !
Exound Offline

Loc: Hoorn, Netherlands
Maybe they are old but they sound great.For me a challenge to compare this with the PA1x Pro.
So I made a mp3 from the song Rollerblading in Tight Shorts.
Remember the files are in Yamaha's XG format so I changed some sounds.
Enjoy
Rollerblading

Best
Jan

#208115 - 10/03/05 08:02 AM Re: First Songs created on Tyros2 available for Your Listening Enjoyment !
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Originally posted by Scott Yee:

"First Songs created on Tyros2 available for Your Listening Enjoyment !"

I'm less than thrilled about these demos of the Tyros2. They add 'nothing' to the sound of its big brother the Tyros.

Evidently these demos were made by some British citizens who took some XG Midi's with them to a shop which had the Tyros2. Possibly members of the UK's PK Club?? Anyway I don't think these people are Yammie employees although the site is apparently 'sanctioned' by Yamaha.

Btw 'Exound', I can sure tell the Pa1XPRO has the Triton Synthesis engine from that demo of yours. Which is not necessarily a bad thing mind you. It just rings Triton through and through. I wish Korg would get with it and engineer a 'new' sound engine instead of giving the Triton Hi-Synth engine to each and every keyboard they make. It makes for a rather dull monotony after a while. But your demo sounded very good nonetheless.

Best regards,
Mike

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online