SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#96844 - 08/05/05 04:32 AM Roland G70 Styles are Very Nice Indeed!
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I was very fortunate to download some Roland G70 styles many months back, but have been too busy to try them out. With a much needed vacation day, I was able to spend some time with those styles on my Tyros and I really, really, enjoyed the contemporary feel to them. They sounded very polished, very live, and very contemporary. I liked them so much, I'm going to make a point of going out and getting my hands on a G70 to try it out.

I can't believe all the negative threads on the G70 what with all those features and those terrific styles. I just have to try it out for myself.

Anyone else enjoy those styles as much as I did?

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#96845 - 08/05/05 05:21 AM Re: Roland G70 Styles are Very Nice Indeed!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Al, I think some of the G70 styles are the best available.

#96846 - 08/05/05 05:30 AM Re: Roland G70 Styles are Very Nice Indeed!
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
I was very fortunate to download some Roland G70 styles many months back, but have been too busy to try them out. With a much needed vacation day, I was able to spend some time with those styles on my Tyros and I really, really, enjoyed the contemporary feel to them. They sounded very polished, very live, and very contemporary. I liked them so much, I'm going to make a point of going out and getting my hands on a G70 to try it out.

I can't believe all the negative threads on the G70 what with all those features and those terrific styles. I just have to try it out for myself.

Al

Hi
If I understand correctly you played the G70 styles on the Tyros?
Did you use a style conversion program? Did you have to tweak the styles any?

It would be interesting to see how those styles sound on the G70 itself maybe it is the great sounds of the Tyros that’s making them sound good.

The G-70 is one of the most interesting boards there are just so many opposite opinions about it.

Maybe that is good because it makes a lot of us want to see and hear the keyboard for our selves and form our opinion and from a Roland point of view, buy one.

#96847 - 08/05/05 07:30 AM Re: Roland G70 Styles are Very Nice Indeed!
ironhill Offline

Loc: NRW, Germany
Quote:

Al

Hi Al
It's very, very nice to read such positive judgement about G-70 in this forum.
Best regards,
Hanspeter

#96848 - 08/05/05 08:17 AM Re: Roland G70 Styles are Very Nice Indeed!
KFingers Offline

Loc: Brighton - UK
Al - I also downloaded the G70 styles converted for Tyros and I really like a number of these. There is one in particular that has become a current favourite. However - I still had to change the OTS voices to suit me and a couple of small tweaks to the styles to change some of the accompanyment voices and their volumes.

I agree that these are amongst the best converted styles around for the Tyros. I also tend to increase the presence of the drums in the mix but I do this with the standard Tyros styles as I also have Ketron equipment which I think has influenced my taste in styles.

Regards - Keith

#96849 - 08/05/05 09:29 AM Re: Roland G70 Styles are Very Nice Indeed!
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
Hi
If I understand correctly you played the G70 styles on the Tyros?
Did you use a style conversion program? Did you have to tweak the styles any?

I downloaded these styles which were already converted to the Tyros. I think I got them from PSRworld.

"It would be interesting to see how those styles sound on the G70 itself maybe it is the great sounds of the Tyros that’s making them sound good."

You bring up an excellent point. Do you think the Tyros voices are adding to my enjoyment? I can't believe those styles are not optimized to the G70 sound engine and thus give it more punch. I think the demos of the G70 on the Roland site have much more punch and the drums more lively on the G70 than on the Tyros.

"The G-70 is one of the most interesting boards there are just so many opposite opinions about it."

Exactly! I really think the G70 is almost 95% of what I would design in a keyboard.

"Maybe that is good because it makes a lot of us want to see and hear the keyboard for our selves and form our opinion and from a Roland point of view, buy one."

Yes, plus that is also the great value that this forum brings to the keyboard community.

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#96850 - 08/05/05 10:02 AM Re: Roland G70 Styles are Very Nice Indeed!
girljam Offline

Loc: FL
are any of those styles available for the 2100? I see in the tutorial that the G70 styles were removed!

thanks,
Jill

PSR S970, PSR S910, ShureSM57 mics, and way too much misc.

#96851 - 08/05/05 11:30 AM Re: Roland G70 Styles are Very Nice Indeed!
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Al[/B]

I think the G70's sounds were what some people did not appreciate.

I really hope you will get a chance to demo the G70 to hear how those styles sound with the G70 sounds and the G70 sounds in general, and give a review since you seem to have an open mind about the G70. Not withstanding the fact that you have a Yamaha Tyros.

[This message has been edited by to the genesys (edited 08-05-2005).]

#96852 - 08/07/05 02:32 AM Re: Roland G70 Styles are Very Nice Indeed!
barnabymagic Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
I'm only a couple of weeks away from buying my G-70 (deposit paid). I also have a Tyros and a Roland Discover 5. Would anyone be able to forward the G-70 conversions for Tyros. It would be very useful to sometimes manage a gig with just the Tyros, but have the G-70 styles avalable too. Thanks in anticipation. Barnaby...

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online