SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#219065 - 07/21/05 06:31 PM The wife and I get our new home tomorrow!!!!!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Man this is AWSOME!!!! My wife and I (and my beautiful baby girl Katelyn) are closing and taking possession of our new house tomorrow at 3:00pm We met with the our agent tonight to take a final look at the house to make sure everything is still in the same condition or better than when we first saw it. We signed out last document with him after doing so.

Man what an awsome deal we got. I don't mind sharing the low price with you guys either. We got a 4 bedroom home that is just under 2000 square feet (about 1998 square feet). First time home buyers, 100% financing, no money down, no closing costs (paid by seller). We got this house for $90,000 It is so much house for the money. The great thing is we were the first ones to see the house the very day it went on the market. Our agent called me and said he had a perfect house that fit everything we were looking for. We saw it and wrote up a formal contract (offer) on the house that evening. (this was after seeing like 15 houses already).

Anyways sorry to ramble. I'm just so excited about all this. It's our first home, and there is SOOOOOO much space. I get choked up everytime I think about it. Mostly choked up because my daughter now has a huge fenced back yard to play in and claim as her own [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/smile.gif[/img] [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/smile.gif[/img] I've really wanted this for her.

Man so much has happened in my life over the last 5 years. I've been a member of the Zone for nearly five years now. I'm made so many good friends here as well. In that time I've shared my marriage, news of my first child, my first home, and many other things here with my friends on the Zone.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#219066 - 07/21/05 06:55 PM Re: The wife and I get our new home tomorrow!!!!!
Larry C. Cochran Offline

Loc: Indianapolis, Indiana usa
I can remember when I got my first one and I hope that things turn out well for you. God Bless. Lots of room for the keyboard now, huh?

------------------

#219067 - 07/21/05 06:58 PM Re: The wife and I get our new home tomorrow!!!!!
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Squeak_d

Congratulations and best of luck! You ain't sayin' maybe on a great deal. What a great price. Where I live in Rhode Island a 10,000 square foot lot, NO HOUSE ON IT. is selling between $125,000 to $150,000. And you got a house to go with the lot too!! The prices get even steeper as you head just a little north toward Boston.

#219068 - 07/21/05 07:01 PM Re: The wife and I get our new home tomorrow!!!!!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
We got a 4 bedroom home that is just under 2000 square feet (about 1998 square feet). First time home buyers, 100% financing, no money down, no closing costs (paid by seller). We got this house for $90,000

Hi Squeak, Congratulation on your 1st home purchase! INCREDIBLE price & terms. What a SWEET deal & totally unheard of here in the San Francisco Bay Area (one the most expensive places to live in the world). I suspect an equvilent house would cost well over $400,000 here.

Please post some pics of your new house.

Scott

#219069 - 07/21/05 07:29 PM Re: The wife and I get our new home tomorrow!!!!!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Way to go...Squeak...Good luck.

#219070 - 07/21/05 07:39 PM Re: The wife and I get our new home tomorrow!!!!!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Boy I tell you I used to crack jokes about West Virginia, but the price of good quality homes here is amazing. It's not just lower prices on homes, property taxes in this state are also really low. Here's a good example. My parents home they built on Lake Erie cost them just under 1/2 million. Their home is beautiful, but down here that same house in a prime location would go for a lot less, between 250-300k. My parents property taxes are nearly $5,000 a year (YIKES!)

This home we bought not only had a great price and large lot, but my property taxes are $450.00 a year

I moved here in 1997. I had no idea that my life would be where I am today after moving here. Never expected to settle in this state. I'm glad I did too. Their are some ignorant people here, but hell that's everywhere.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#219071 - 07/21/05 07:58 PM Re: The wife and I get our new home tomorrow!!!!!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
squeak... I wish the very best future for you and your family in your new home ... and you are right about getting a sweetheart deal ... as Steve said, here in RI prices are through the roof ... We got into our neighborhood 20 years ago, just before the mid 80's real estate boom ... couldn't afford to buy here now ... I NEVER thought I would live in a half million dollar home ... I do, but that's just the result of the market... and taxes?!?! .. over 6M !!! ...
t.

#219072 - 07/21/05 11:46 PM Re: The wife and I get our new home tomorrow!!!!!
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Congratulations Squeak.

#219073 - 07/22/05 07:57 AM Re: The wife and I get our new home tomorrow!!!!!
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Congratulations Squeak.
Taxes at $450/year????? Wow.
My home is in a sparsely populated, wooded area, a 2 hour drive from the big city (Toronto) and taxes are more then double that.
Starkeeper

#219074 - 07/24/05 01:23 AM Re: The wife and I get our new home tomorrow!!!!!
chony Offline

Loc: New York
$90G !?!?!?!?

Here in Brooklyn, you get a two bedroom APARTMENT for $350G!!! I didn't even know that a $90G house existed in America!!!

Good Luck and ENJOY!

Chony.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online