SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#131951 - 06/17/05 01:27 PM TYROS MUSIC REST......
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
I just posted this on the buy-sell topic and thought I'd post here as well for more exposure...I hope it don't offend anyone.....
Looking to buy a Tyros music rest if anyone has one that they are not using that wants to sell, please contact me at....
tonyrome@prodigy.net.mx
thank you...Tony

#131952 - 06/17/05 05:24 PM Re: TYROS MUSIC REST......
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi Tony

You may want to consider the QLX-5 music rack by Quik Lok for your Tyros.
http://www.quiklok.com/

The Tyros music rack is that biggest joke they could have come up with on a pro kb.

If one is going to leave the Tyros set up in one place and not move it around in a case then you will probably be ok with it.

BUT, if you do want to move it around to different locations in a case, it is a big PITB!

You will either have to have an oversized case to leave the black plastic brackets on, or screw and unscrew those mounts everytime you move.

In Germany they had what was called a TRS-H1 bracket that some smart guy manufactured
where you could just slip the music rack mounting brackets in and out in a flash. Last I heard, besides never being available over here, is that there was some kind of a problem with the manufacturer and they had become unavailabe. Even when they were available, they wanted way too much money for them.

Richard Peck had idea I used for awhile. I got some screws, wing nuts washers and some strong glue and made it so you didn't have to use a screwdriver to take them off and on. The wing nuts were glued (epoxy?) to the screws and you could manage just using you fingers.

Then a brilliant guy over in England used plastic electric conduit. This is what I use now. It works about how like the TRS-H1 would work.

I just sawed a couple of pieces of conduit, drilled a couple of holes and just slide the rack mounts on and off. This works real good unless there is a lot of stress on the music rack like too much weight or a sudden jar, then the dumb thing will fall to the floor. This has only happened to me a few times though.

If I had it to do all over again, I'd get the QLX-5 and have a solid music rack. They also have a nice boom mic holder that I use. I think it's the QLX-4.

Hope that gives you a little food for thought so you can pick out the best option for you.

Best
Scott Langholff

#131953 - 06/17/05 05:52 PM Re: TYROS MUSIC REST......
Tony Rome Offline

Thanks Scott....I'll check it out...I've got a few ideas that may work....I have a guy that does aluminum as a matter of fact he is building me a set of lightweight speaker stands for my z5500 and I thought about having him make for me some sort of music rest for my k/b...the thing is, I don't want it for music books or sheet music, I want it
to help hang my announcement with all my information from the K/B to face the audience, I hope that you kinda get the idea.
I thought it would be easier to attach something to the Tryos music rest....thanks again....I'll keep you informed....
Tony Rome

#131954 - 06/17/05 06:05 PM Re: TYROS MUSIC REST......
mr82thebar Offline

Loc: Baltimore,Md.
Just my two cents. I took the brackes for the Tyros and sawed slots in the brackets. Now all i have to do is slide them on when i set up. Just a thought. Bob L.

#131955 - 06/17/05 06:09 PM Re: TYROS MUSIC REST......
Tony Rome Offline

Thanks Bob...but I don't have the music rest
to do that with that's why I'm looking for one...I thought that someone out there has one that they are not using and like to sell it....you got a good idea
Tony Rome

#131956 - 06/18/05 10:45 AM Re: TYROS MUSIC REST......
mr82thebar Offline

Loc: Baltimore,Md.
Tony, Dano has one. Bob

#131957 - 06/18/05 11:26 AM Re: TYROS MUSIC REST......
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
i believe today is a special day (70 of em) for mr82thebar ,have a nice one bob,mike

#131958 - 06/18/05 11:37 AM Re: TYROS MUSIC REST......
Tony Rome Offline

Bob....just got off the phone with DanO... thanks....BTW, Happy Birthday....you are older than me...hahaha....enjoy the day with many many more......
Tony Rome

#131959 - 06/23/05 10:29 AM Re: TYROS MUSIC REST......
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
I understand the concern over the construction of the Tyros music stand, but I must say I have been happy with it.

I have been setting up and taking down the board and music stand 2-4 times a week for over a year, and it is still fine. I use the Tyros signature bag (which has a specific pocket for the stand) to transport it, usually in the back of my van, so it all fits well, is safely protected, and does not face any hard knocks.

I specifically like the width of the stand, since it can easily support 3 pages of music (I know, I should memorize the music, but meanwhile ........).

Graham

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online