SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#132150 - 01/10/05 06:50 PM Yorkville Amp Experiences
The Accordionist Offline

Wow, musical equipment musical chairs hits me again. In one year I've bought and sold a Petosa Midi Reedless Accordion, Ketron XD3 Arranger, Motion Sound KP200S amp, Roland Fantom XR synth module, and Yamaha AW16G DAW.

I'm in the process of selling the last three items right now.

I don't need the stereo expansion feature of the Motion Sound KP200S anymore. It's also too bulky for my acoustic accordion needs. Since it has gone UP in value by $300 since I bought it new two years ago I thought I'd sell it and get the Yorkville K100 Keyboard amp (around $US380).

Does anybody use this amp? From the Harmony Central Reviews it appears to be built like a tank and dependable as can be, but only so-so in the amplification aspect.

I only have the acoustic accordion to run through it so it shouldn't be of too much concern. Any real-life experiences would be most appreciated.

Also, I'm selling the Fantom XR because IT'S TOO DARN HARD TO PROGRAM EVERY LITTLE THING! I made a few songs with it and I thought the sounds were incredible, but WOW was I spending too much time programming and sequencing it.

Now looking to get an arranger again if not for anything else other than the drum and bass parts. Maybe Tyros II.

Maybe I should have kept the Ketron XD3 (if not for the blasted polyphony issues!).

Thanks.

Tommy

#132151 - 01/10/05 07:42 PM Re: Yorkville Amp Experiences
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I've owned the Yorkville and it's great. Sounds perfect for your needs!

#132152 - 01/10/05 08:23 PM Re: Yorkville Amp Experiences
Beakybird Offline

I have rented the K100 several times, and I was amazed at how clean and loud it goes for a 100 watt amp. If you don't need stereo, go for it.

Beakybird

#132153 - 01/10/05 10:02 PM Re: Yorkville Amp Experiences
The Accordionist Offline

Thanks guys. That's exactly the kind of advice I was hoping to get.

Tommy

(Renting equipment! Never really thought about that!)

#132154 - 01/10/05 10:04 PM Re: Yorkville Amp Experiences
Benno Kattenat Offline

Loc: qualicum beachBC Canada
I have the yorkville 200kb ,i like it very much,use a JBL woofer with it, and the yorkville also has a plugg in for extra speaker, check it out, it kicks A.., best regards BENNO

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online