SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#162749 - 12/24/04 11:36 AM the connection between the 9000 Pro and the P-90, please give me a merry xmas !
guillermo Offline

Loc: spain
Dear all ,
Can anyone help me with the connection between the yamaha 9000 pro and the yamaha stage piano p 90 ?
I am playing for a very long time on the yamaha 9000 pro and I am very satisfied about that instrument .
But I was in the earlier days [ 40 years ago] a dixieland piano- player , so I have given myself for this xmas a brand new yamaha P90 midi stage piano !
I like to connect those both instruments together , in such a way that I can play on the keys of the p 90 to use my 9000 pro .
It must be possible , but how can I make such connection ?
In technical sense [ roel said that to me ] : the TX parameters in the p 90 must receive the RX parameters from the pro .
I am an absolute non-technical person ,I can only play some music notes ,so I am looking for a step by step procedure how to make such a configuration including the way to save it .
Can anyone help me , during the xmas days, to fix this ?
I am very interested in that connection , so my xmas will be nice !
guillermo .

#162750 - 12/24/04 12:37 PM Re: the connection between the 9000 Pro and the P-90, please give me a merry xmas !
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
If you want to play the arranger section of the 9000, you have to set the Note To Arranger channel assignment to match the zone to be played on the P90..
If you only want to play the 9000 from the P90 and not vice versa, a single midi cable from the P90 midi out , connected to the midi in of the 9000..will be the correct procedure..

#162751 - 12/25/04 08:54 AM Re: the connection between the 9000 Pro and the P-90, please give me a merry xmas !
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
This was discussed about 2 weeks ago here at the Synthzone. You must hit function button on your Tyros, then go to Utility, then hit Midi, then go to Midi Receive tab and change the word "song" next to channel 1 to say "keyboard". You also have to make sure that your host button on the P90 it pushed over to the word "midi" and not "PC or MAC".
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online