SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#97093 - 12/28/03 07:45 PM Donny, Come Fly With Me
trtjazz Offline

Donny like your vocals on this piece the best of the new ones, Which keyboard are you playing on these cuts?
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#97094 - 12/28/03 09:58 PM Re: Donny, Come Fly With Me
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
I agree with Terry Donny. lol - Or is that Terry dactyl. I just made a funny. Ha Ha! Okay, now back to being serious... HA! HA! HA! LOL!! Okay, okay I'll regain my composure.

Donny, Come Fly with Me sounds great. Can you explain what is taking place in that recording? Are you playing the Keys or are you Karaoking it. If your playing the keys are you using a Style or is it a Registration or something else you may be doing? I noticed at one point the accompaniment backing stops completely then restarts. How did you accomplish that? I assume you used Fingering Mode and you pressed three adjacent keys to stop the accompaniment, right? Any insight into how you recorded and played it would be interesting to know.

Best regards,
Mike

#97095 - 12/29/03 06:31 AM Re: Donny, Come Fly With Me
Dnj Offline

Hey, Thanx for the Kudos!
Although I mix it up alot on stage between singing,playing KB Styles live, SMF songs, custom Mp3 backing tracks, If I remember corectly "Come Fly With Me" was a commercial SMF. But do to the complexity of the arrangement I had to do some serious editing adding tracks, cymbal crashes,horn stabs, etc. and I also played piano accmp, on one track also. This song was played on a Roland G1000....
and totaly Recorded on a ZOOM 1044CD HD. Vocals were done with a Senn 855 mic thru the Psr2000 using Hall3 reverb with a very short Delay..Other demo songs on my site, Volare`,
Spanish Eyes, Quando Quando, Gigilo, were played live in real time on my PSR2000 using various Styles and Recorded using Acid pro 3.0 on my Laptop. After NYE I'll have some more time and plan to put a few more demos up on my site. Thanx for visiting.

Happy New Year

------------------
www.donnypesce.com

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 12-29-2003).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online