SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#219185 - 07/11/03 06:33 PM MIDI experiment #1, HELP!!!
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
I have found out I can thru MIDI, using my PSR2000 as the main board I'm playing, use it to play the backround accompaniment from another unit, and have it use the PSR2000 sounds (in the accompaniment) yet it is doing the backround styles from the other board.(in this experiment I am using a Casio POS just for testing purposes).

I thought that as usual, I could just start pressing buttons and stumble on to it. This is my first try at MIDI so, guess what, haha.

Does anybody out there know what I need to do. I think it ought to be simple as I understand I only need to use one channel on both boards, but I may have misunderstood this tip.

I have the out from the PSR2000 going in to the Casio, and the out from the Casio to the in of the PSR. (Makes sense to me anyway, but I could be way off already)

Thanx in advance.

Scott Langholff

[This message has been edited by Scott Langholff (edited 07-11-2003).]

#219186 - 07/11/03 09:24 PM Re: MIDI experiment #1, HELP!!!
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Hi Scott
I'd be curious to hear what advice you get. I've tried this very thing myself without a lot of success. I seem to recall that you have to have a midi preset that defines all the channels going out of one keyboard and going into the other one. It doesn't happen easily, I don't think.
Tom G.

#219187 - 07/15/03 01:04 AM Re: MIDI experiment #1, HELP!!!
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
I've never actually done this but here's my thoiughts anyhow....

You have to make the Casio listen to the "left hand" midi channel of the PSR and use this to trigger/control it's accompaniments.

You have to make the Casio send out its accompaniment tracks on separate midi channels.

You have to make the PSR listen to the midi channels that the Casio is now sending out. You do not want the PSR to use this stuff to trigger its own accompaniment parts, however!

The PSR midi "preset" "ALL PARTS" should be a good start point to get the "PSR Listening" bit of the equation working; you may have to edit the midi Output page to get the Left Hand coming out of the midi channel that is required by the Casio. You may need to turn off midi output from the PSR from all other parts (to avoid confusing the Casio).

Have fun....

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online