SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#171293 - 06/13/03 04:33 AM To stop the thievery
Guardman2001 Offline

Loc: USA
Okay, lets say you find some coins in the coin return on a pay phone, so you use them to pay for the call and get a freebee. who wouldn't, no big deal. Then lets say everybody found the way to get free calls and nobody paid. I guess in the end, the phone co. would just go out of business.
In PC magazine this month John Dvorak addresses the problem of outright theft of services of copyright material. He says basically, now that the cats out of the bag, you will never get it back in and the only way to stop it is to make the recording of music on the latest multi-layered DVD's so they are converted to massive 40GB formats of raw music, which would be too large to transfer or copy.
So much for the little guy trying to peddle his CD to the masses.

#171294 - 06/13/03 05:43 AM Re: To stop the thievery
Luis.Santos Offline

Loc: Portugal
about the 40 GB... That would be a good solution for now but people will always find the way to copy music. The hard things to do are the most challenging ones (that's the way our minds think), and that's why there will always be a way of going through every copyright protection they may come up with.

Luis Santos

#171295 - 06/13/03 06:03 AM Re: To stop the thievery
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
If you found coins in a phone booth, would that give you the right to copy those coins and make your own copies? That's a little closer analogy to the music-copying question isn't it?

#171296 - 06/13/03 07:12 AM Re: To stop the thievery
Guardman2001 Offline

Loc: USA
I guess my point was. A little bit of larceny is expected and isn't a problem, but if you take away the incentive to even go to all the trouble to produce a CD, well you know the old golden goose tale. Supposedly the problem began with having to spend the money to buy a CD with a lot of songs on it that you really didn't want and now it's a feeding frenzy.
But sadly, with you see of all the greed going from the top down, who can expect anything else. It's sort of like stealing a few coins from the blind mans cup, ahh, but then probably he's not blind and doesn't deserve them. At least that's the way people seem to see it.

[This message has been edited by Guardman2001 (edited 06-13-2003).]

#171297 - 06/13/03 05:05 PM Re: To stop the thievery
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
hi all,my opinion is this,,why do they have to charge so much for a cd,in uk about 15pounds,in usa about half the price,still too dear,look at all these fat cats multimillionares,who cry over lost money,do all the peoplle who are in the indusrty ,do they pay for cd,s,,,,,,,,bring the price way down then everybody is happy,mike

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online