SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#172872 - 10/14/02 02:54 AM Tyros Pics/Mp3's...........
Dnj Offline

saw this on SVPWORLD (Tyrosworld)
thanx Simon....

"Found a couple more songs performed on the Tyros in mp3 format,
http://tv-sela.bei.t-online.de/tyros/

These include a rather nice rendition of "singing in the rain" to
the tapdance show style, a fresh new country guitar composition and a
simple funk pop recording which is in the root directory ;"

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-14-2002).]

#172873 - 10/14/02 04:22 AM Re: Tyros Pics/Mp3's...........
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Judging fom the picture where they are together, the Tyros looks "toyish" compared with the 9000 pro... (just my opinion, of course). Anyway, I hope to have the time to check the Tyros at a local music store Tuesday afternoon.

#172874 - 10/14/02 05:23 AM Re: Tyros Pics/Mp3's...........
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
One of the pictures seems to suggest that this Tyros has a "wall wart" type ac cord. Anyone know if that's true?
I can't stand expensive gear that doesn't have REAL power cords. I just hate that "lump" to deal with. At 27 lbs, maybe that's how they keep some of the weight down ..... by putting the power supply EXTERNAL. Pity, if it's true ....... but it won't affect me. I'd rather buy a Lincoln!

#172875 - 10/14/02 05:34 AM Re: Tyros Pics/Mp3's...........
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
U.D.

Did you know that 75 percent of Japanese dentists have cataracts? The other 25 percent have Rincolns.

[This message has been edited by Tom Cavanaugh (edited 10-14-2002).]

Tom

#172876 - 10/14/02 05:57 AM Re: Tyros Pics/Mp3's...........
trtjazz Offline

I thought these a couple of excellent sounding tunes, especially Tap Dance. I assume it was a "sine wave" patch for the whistling which I thought was great.

On the country tune I thought the lead acoustic had some very good realism with the slide and pick effects.

Thanks for the link.
jam on,
Terry

#172877 - 10/14/02 07:24 AM Re: Tyros Pics/Mp3's...........
larigot Offline

Loc: Portsmouth - UK
The benefit of using 'wall wart' power supplies is that Yamaha and other instrument
manufacturer's dont need to make equipment with different power rating tranformers
inside the instruments to cover the worlds differing voltages. If you move to another part of world with a different voltage your instruments with internal power supplies would all need to be changed, the ones with external transformers have a much more simple solution so try and grow to love the wall wart, it may be of benefit one day.

larigot

#172878 - 10/14/02 08:54 AM Re: Tyros Pics/Mp3's...........
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
What I like about the PSR2000 is that the external power adapter box is NOT located at the power plug's end, but instead, is situated in the 'middle' of the cord, avoiding the typical problems of large bulky wall warts which so often take up 2-3 spaces of a power plug strip. I sure hope Yamaha continues this type of power adapter configuration on the Tyros.

I think the above referenced pic:
http://tv-sela.bei.t-online.de/tyros/Pics/PRO_Tyros.jpg

of the Tyros & 9000pro pictured together dramatically points out how 'much shorter' in length the Tyros could have been designed. In addition to including way 'too much' wasted space around the mod wheels, Yamaha should have also eliminated that cheesy looking (and useless) floppy disk holder which would have greatly reduced the real estate both to the right and left of the keys. I realize the Tyros is relatively lightweight, but why couldn't have Yamaha reduced the bulk as well?

#172879 - 10/14/02 09:04 AM Re: Tyros Pics/Mp3's...........
trtjazz Offline

Scott,
"how 'much shorter' in length the Tyros could have been designed."

But then where would I put my cup of coco? There's that nice little spot at the end for it I always thought it was so smart of PC manufactures to put that slide in and out coffee cup holder at the touch of a button....nice feature, don't you think?
Terry

#172880 - 10/14/02 10:27 AM Re: Tyros Pics/Mp3's...........
Roel Offline

Uncle Dave :
The Tyros has a 'normal' AC inlet. Don't be afraid you have to purchase a power supply

Trtjazz :
The whistle is the 'whistle' sound of the Tyros.

Larigot :
I personally see NO benefit of 'wall wart' supplies. I remember one of our friends searching a power-supply for his PSR740 (?) because it is not included..... they cost a fortune ! Connecting another (non yammie) PS can cause major damage to your instrument, what makes most owners dependent.
Changing an instrument's line-voltage can be realized with a switch (often used) or one or two (soldering) jumpers..... so no need to replace power-supplies. A piece of cake for a technician.

Scott :
I agree with you about the (useless ?) space. I expect Yamaha to present a Tyros PRO version within a few months, where they need some extra space for 'extra' keys (octaves) The same housing fits ! I like Ketron's idea/solution to position the pitch-& modulationwheels above the lowest octave.
The Tyros housing is NON metal.
The brackets that need to be mounted for the music rest look fragile and I expect them to cause trouble during transport in a bag !
I dislike the idea I have to purchase an expensive flightcase. :C

Scott.... ....... I'm studying the Tyros manual for detailed information right now.

Roel

#172881 - 10/14/02 10:58 AM Re: Tyros Pics/Mp3's...........
eyrec Offline

Loc: UK
I thought the singing in the rain style and sounds were very good, but the acoustic guitar was not up to scratch on the country demo. No depth to it and not a patch on SD1 or Genesys acoustic guitar sounds, but hey, that's just my opinion.

Quote:
Originally posted by trtjazz:
I thought these a couple of excellent sounding tunes, especially Tap Dance. I assume it was a "sine wave" patch for the whistling which I thought was great.

On the country tune I thought the lead acoustic had some very good realism with the slide and pick effects.

Thanks for the link.
jam on,
Terry

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online