SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#128366 - 09/15/02 10:21 AM PSR9000 question
Mario Offline

Loc: Wayside, New jersey, USA
Well folks, I am now the proud owner of a PSR9000 and love the darn thing.
As you know, I also have a PSR2000 which I've had for almost a year now. During which time I created a lot of user Styles and Registrations which I now want to transfer to the 9K.
I am having problems accomplishing both tasks using the standard options being offered on the 9K. Is there a special method to accomplish this? Or are the two Kbs incomparable?
Please shed some light on this.
Thank you
Mario

#128367 - 09/15/02 10:59 AM Re: PSR9000 question
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Mario...
You can copy styles onto a floppy from either the 9000 or 2000 to transfer between keyboards. Registrations cannot be copied because the operating systems are entirely different. But, the good news is, many of the style in the 2K and 9K are similar which permits you to rebuild them without too much trouble.
Eddie

#128368 - 09/15/02 12:14 PM Re: PSR9000 question
Mario Offline

Loc: Wayside, New jersey, USA
Eddie:
Thanks for your reply. That's bad news about the Registrations since I must have over 100 regs in the 2K, now I have to re-do them.
As far the styles, I am having problems loading them to flash Rom. When I insert the floppy they will show up on screen but I don't seem to be able to load them to the Flash memory to stay. The load feature in the Disk Menu will not display the styles in the floppy to load. What could be the problem?
Mario

#128369 - 09/15/02 06:47 PM Re: PSR9000 question
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Mario...
It's been awhile since I have done it, but a quick review of the manual (Pg 62) reminded me that it is done through the Style Manager.

1. Insert floppy with the styles you want to load into the 9000
2. Call up any internal style from the style keypads on the left side of the screen.
3. At the bottom, open File Manager.
4. Hit A-1 "Load Style Into Flash Rom"
5. Here you will see a screen that shows all the styles on your floppy. Scroll to one you want to load.
6. Press "NEXT".
7. Select which Flash Rom number you want to load the style in. (Be sure to pick one that contains similar genre)
8. Scroll down the styles in the selected Flash Rom number until you see "NO DATA".
9. Press "NEXT".
10. At this point it asks if you want to load the style to that slot. Press "YES".

I just tried it and it worked fine. Hope that helps you.
Eddie

#128370 - 09/15/02 07:10 PM Re: PSR9000 question
Dnj Offline

mario,

if your getting a message that says "impossible to load", you'll have to delete some styles to make room in the Flash memory before you can load a style there.

donny

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online