SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#145599 - 06/26/02 06:21 AM PSR9000 & Operating system
Micco Offline

Loc: Finland
Yesterday I ordererd the hard disk interface via USB for PSR9000. I was just thinking that is it possible to update the operating system of the PSR9000 from the hard disk? I mean that if I download the OS to the internal HD of the keyboard so if it is possible to update from there because I donīt have the zip drive anymore and my computer doesnīt have floppy drive.

Micco

#145600 - 06/26/02 07:27 AM Re: PSR9000 & Operating system
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Hi Micco,
In theory , It should work, also have you considered that with USB you might be able to up-grade right from your computer.? I have a Y2K that (as u know can`t be up-graded) so I`m only guessing but sounds right. The up-grade is only data that needs to get to the 9000, how it gets there (floppy, HD,or external comp) should not matter. I hope this helps
jedi

#145601 - 06/27/02 07:28 PM Re: PSR9000 & Operating system
TwoNuts Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Washington. USA
Hey Micco,
I meant to respond to your post the other day. I decided to wait until I had the opportunity to try out your scenerio.
In short it doesn't work. The OS does not provide for the option of loading the data from the hard drive. Only floppy or SCSI.
For what it's worth, I think it would be a nice option.

Regards,
Dennis

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

#145602 - 06/27/02 07:39 PM Re: PSR9000 & Operating system
TwoNuts Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Washington. USA
OK...
Here's another option.
Maybe go through all the process of downloading the new OS, and put each individual file that would go onto a floppy, onto the PSR's HD. Then copy from there to the PSR's floppy drive and then load the new OS in the usual way. I know its a long way around, but since you dont have a floppy drive on your computer, this is a workable solution. (other than finding a friend to download it and make floppy files for you, which might be easier...)
Anyway, thats all I can think of at the moment.
Have a great day!

Dennis

[This message has been edited by TwoNuts (edited 06-27-2002).]

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online