SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#196045 - 12/31/01 07:33 AM Simple question about multi pads on PSR's
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I noticed some of the preset multipads have looped phrases.. When I record my own, how do I set them to loop like the presets. I see where you can select the chord match, but don't see anywhere in my manual where you can have them loop like the presets. I would only assume this can be done because of the chord match feature...

Thanks,
Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#196046 - 12/31/01 08:18 AM Re: Simple question about multi pads on PSR's
XP60User Offline

Loc: On, Canada
Good question. I just read the psr740 manual, and there is no mention of enabling loop functionality for multipad patterns.
I would be interested in that answer as well.
The xp60 offers its rps function (similar to multipad) in three flavors, one time play, play until key is unpressed, and loop play, which ends when key is pressed again.
It would only make sense psr offers these too, otherwise I would find multipads limiting.

#196047 - 12/31/01 08:38 AM Re: Simple question about multi pads on PSR's
squeak_D Offline

XP60user,
The RPS was a great function on the XP-60.. I used to own the XP-60, and I have to say that sequencing on it was a breeze! I really would like to be able to loop the multi pads on my PSR-550, but see no mention of it anywhere in the manual. Does anyone know?

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#196048 - 01/02/02 02:05 PM Re: Simple question about multi pads on PSR's
squeak_D Offline

Just thought I'd bring this back to the top in hopes that someone might know the answer. This same question was posted by someone else on the Yamaha PK Club, but the guy who answered it didn't give enough info. He said it could be done, but didn't say how to do it. Anyone????

#196049 - 01/02/02 06:30 PM Re: Simple question about multi pads on PSR's
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hi Squeak,

all PSR's that have the Multipads have a repeat/chord match function.

The repeat function is the same as your loop.
It is on the same page as chord match.

Hope this helps

Eric

#196050 - 01/03/02 05:27 AM Re: Simple question about multi pads on PSR's
Michael P. Bedesem Offline

Loc: Shrewsbury, VT
MultiPads are type 1 midi files where each track corresponds to one pad sequence. Chord Follow and Loop are defined by two text events at the beginning of the midi(Look in File/Info in Cakewalk) as follows CM1111 defines the follow where 1 is on and 0 is off and RP1111 defines the loop function.

I created a midi template file that includes these events and other stuff for making templates from scratch. Its at:http://www.svpworld.com/2000world.htm

#196051 - 01/03/02 02:13 PM Re: Simple question about multi pads on PSR's
squeak_D Offline

Eric B,
Hi thanks for the reply... However I checked my manual for the PSR-550 and there is no mention of looping/repeat under the chord match section. I've checked the whole multi pad recording section in the manual and nothing is listed for this function. I'm wondering if this function was dropped like they dropped the direct access function for the pitch bend wheel setting. On my old PSR-540 I could hold down the direct access button and just move the wheel up or down and it took me directly to the screen. They dropped this minor function on the 550. So maybe they did the same with setting the loop on multi pads....

Thanks,
Squeak

#196052 - 01/03/02 09:18 PM Re: Simple question about multi pads on PSR's
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hi Squeak,

I would first go to the chord match screen and see whats there. Manuals are often not very well written.
Try recording a simple phrase and see if it is repeating/looping automatically. Maybe thats there default setting.

If all else fails ask George Kay or call yamaha hotline.

Good luck

Eric

#196053 - 01/03/02 10:09 PM Re: Simple question about multi pads on PSR's
squeak_D Offline

Eric B,
Thanks for the help.. I checked the chord match screen but still could not find anything.. I emailrd Yamaha so hopefully they will be able to help me out on this one...

Squeak

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online