SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#160684 - 09/12/01 12:52 PM Case with wheels?
Nobby Offline

Loc: Palmyra Mo. U.S.A.
Hi Everyone,
Does anyone know where to get a case with wheels that would fit the 9K? There's someone on the PK forum, that's looking for one. I thought I heard someone talk about one a while back. I looked but I couldn't find anything. Help if you can!
Thanks,
Nobby

------------------

#160685 - 09/12/01 07:35 PM Re: Case with wheels?
Dnj Offline

I had one custom made for the 9k w/ wheels. man that thing could withstand anything. SOLD IT IN ! WEEK, YIKES!!! it weighed a ton. Get your self a nice LEVYS padded soft case from George Kaye. I love mine and my arms thank me :>)

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 09-16-2001).]

#160686 - 09/13/01 03:11 PM Re: Case with wheels?
MR Bulk Offline

Loc: Mililani, Hawaii, USA
I know that Starlight Cases ( www.starlightcases.com ) makes cases that will each support ¼ the full weight of huge Jeep-type vehicle (picture at their website of one on four cases, one under each wheel), they can have wheels built into them, are airtight (adjustable pressure knob) and have been dropped from great heights with no damage to contents. They also contract with the military, to give you an idea of their products, some of you may have even handled them during service tours of duty.

Anyway they have blems (cosmetic defects only) on sale now for as low as $90(!), but those are the smaller cases, they make them up to 52-inches long and I think a couple of feet wide(?) and of course they will custom-make one if you so wish.

HTH

------------------
Regards and Aloha,

Charlie

Charlie
http://artists2.iuma.com/IUMA/Bands/MR_Bulk/index-1.html

#160687 - 09/13/01 06:26 PM Re: Case with wheels?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I have been using a case with wheels from ACE KACES. They have 4 sizes. My G1000 fits perfect in one. Check with George Kaye for pricing.. George , If you need the distributor and phone number , contact me. They are located in Detroit..Fran

#160688 - 09/14/01 01:17 AM Re: Case with wheels?
MR Bulk Offline

FOUND the Ace Kaces website (thanks Fran):
http://www.aceproducts.com/

Seems it is a soft-sided case but well built with internal reinforcements plus wheels (Ace Porter, I think they call it).

Very interesting product, I may pick one up once I get the exact dimensions of the PSR2000 I am waiting on from George Kaye.

------------------
Regards and Aloha,

Charlie

Charlie

#160689 - 09/16/01 08:23 PM Re: Case with wheels?
MR Bulk Offline

Uncle Dave,

Good point. As it is now I can tuck the 740 under my arm and run up a flight a stairs. So what was I thinking?

Just new-toy disease I guess. Do you know what I mean, where you buy every option in sight for it? Like floor mats for the new car?

------------------
Regards and Aloha,

Charlie

Charlie

#160690 - 09/17/01 01:13 PM Re: Case with wheels?
Danny D Offline

Loc: West Los Angeles, CA, USA
Hi all,

I've seen at SKB website also have a new keyboard softcase w/ wheel. I think SKB's stuff is excellent, but it's expensive. Has anyone got this case yet? I am looking for the best deal on this case right now.

#160691 - 09/17/01 02:23 PM Re: Case with wheels?
Dnj Offline

Be carefull choosing. The 9k needs a case 7" high. Anything shorter will damage the screen.

#160692 - 09/17/01 07:45 PM Re: Case with wheels?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Uncle Dave says the Ace porter is bulky, what the heck is the 9000, bulky as you can find..Get the Porter,your keyboard deserves it..I never was a SKB fan...Fran

#160693 - 09/17/01 10:06 PM Re: Case with wheels?
Nobby Offline

Loc: Palmyra Mo. U.S.A.
Uncle Dave said the Porter was to much because somehow he got the idea I wanted one for a PSR2000. If that was so I would just get a soft case.
But I wanted to ask about a case for a friend who has a PSR-9000! That's why he wanted a solid case with wheels.
As heavy as the 9000 is I think I would still get a soft case! I think he also menchioned a motor on it too! Ha!
I think Dnj had a good idea a LEVYS padded soft case from George Kaye. He told me
he had already wore out two soft cases this year! That beast must be hard on cases!!
Gotta go to bed it's late!
Good night guys,
Nobby

------------------

[This message has been edited by Nobby (edited 09-17-2001).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online