SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#344979 - 05/21/12 01:27 AM A column in today's major Nashville newspaper.
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
I'm really proud and honored to be recognized in today's issue of the Tennessean.
http://blogs.tennessean.com/tunein/2012/...omething-right/

#344981 - 05/21/12 06:18 AM Re: A column in today's major Nashville newspaper. [Re: FAEbGBD]
clover_kid Offline

Loc: New Port Richey, FL USA
Congrat's

C_K

#344982 - 05/21/12 07:02 AM Re: A column in today's major Nashville newspaper. [Re: FAEbGBD]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Rory, you continue to define the word "amazing". We may not always be on the same page religiously or politically, but when it comes to music, 'you da man'. No suprise to me that you'd catch the attention (and admiration) of such luminaries as Keith Urban and Brad Paisley. As formidable as your musicianship is, it's your versatility that just blows my mind. To go from Country to Swing to (thoroughly) modern jazz (not to mention from instrument to instrument) and at such a high level, is just beyond the scope of any musician I know (or have known) and I have known many.

Here's hoping you get all the recognition and success that you deserve.

chas (still a progressive liberal atheist but otherwise wonderful person smile )

#344991 - 05/21/12 11:25 PM Re: A column in today's major Nashville newspaper. [Re: FAEbGBD]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
That's wonderful Rory. And you surely deserve it. You are a gifted musician and entertainer. That is obvious to anyone seeing you perform.

#345003 - 05/22/12 07:42 AM Re: A column in today's major Nashville newspaper. [Re: Nigel]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Rory, you KNOW I'm a major supporter. With our age differences, every time I see you get additional, COMPLETELY deserved recognition, I sort of feel like a proud "adopted" papa.

It is of no small consequence that my friend Chas has great things to say about you. I would consider his comments and Nigel's about as good as you can get around here.

BE well, and keep up the good work.

See you soon,

Russ

#345048 - 05/23/12 03:13 PM Re: A column in today's major Nashville newspaper. [Re: cgiles]
captain Russ Offline

Rory was that your Godin you played on the Fishook version of Autumn Leaves? What amplifier?

Whatever it was, the sound was GREAT.

And the "pickin" was OK. too LOL!

Russ

#345078 - 05/24/12 06:51 PM Re: A column in today's major Nashville newspaper. [Re: FAEbGBD]
FAEbGBD Offline

It was my Godin. and an alysis roadfire amp that I picked up for about $120. SO not a special rig by any means, but it does the job inexpensively. As much as i'm on the road, I prefer not to have a lot of money invested in my road gear so that if something breaks, it only hurts a little.

#345087 - 05/25/12 07:31 AM Re: A column in today's major Nashville newspaper. [Re: FAEbGBD]
captain Russ Offline

One of my long-time friends, B-3 genius in the Jimmy Smith Style, used to play "beaters". Winston on a "beater" was better than anyone else on the best ever made, so it's the player, sometimes, not the instrument.

As you know, I have lots of "beaters" to use on patios, around drunks, etc. for the same reason.

I ruined a new Jazzmaster and a Parker Fly the first night i played them on a patio with lots of drunks getting tangled up in cords.

Keep it up! And please let me know what's going on occasionally.

Russ

#345346 - 06/04/12 09:57 AM Re: A column in today's major Nashville newspaper. [Re: FAEbGBD]
FAEbGBD Offline

I will be the featured guest on Gibson Guitars "learn and master guitar' this Tuesday at 7 PM central. You can watch live, and even chat and comment live during the show at
http://www.ustream.tv/gibson-learn-and-master-live-lessons
I'll be playing a few songs and talking about my style and technique. Since it is an interactive show, your question or pithy comment, or effusive praise, or scathing criticism, might make the commentary portion of the show.

#345353 - 06/04/12 01:15 PM Re: A column in today's major Nashville newspaper. [Re: FAEbGBD]
captain Russ Offline

I'll be working, but...KNOCK EM' DEAD!

R.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online