SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#340222 - 02/18/12 11:51 PM How Glen Cambell is able to perform with Alzheimer
Rfinnshw Offline

Loc: Vero Beach, Florida
If you read this in time on:

Sunday, Feb. 19, @ 3:00 p.m. Eastern Time... The Fox News channel is re-running its coverage of how Glen Campbell is able to perform live on stage with Alzheimers.

Just in case you wish to program your DVR.

You'll get an inside look at how Campbell is able to perform on stage each night with his Alzheimers.

Ron, in Port Saint Lucie, Florida

#341104 - 02/29/12 03:24 PM Re: How Glen Cambell is able to perform with Alzheimer [Re: Rfinnshw]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
The first time I was aware of Glenn Campbell was in 1962. He had a hit....Turn Around Look at Me. His range was incredible. It was a pop song, not country.

The next time I saw him was in Bakersville, California in 1963. I was working with guys like the Burnett Brothers, the Browns, Buck Owens...that whole crew. He was a little older and a way better player.

Then, he surfaced a few years later playing those great Jimmy Webb songs. While I didn't necessarily like the country angle, he was an undeniable talent. I read that Chet said he came close to making one of the spots on his certified guitar player list, along with Steve Warner, Jerry Reed and Tommy Emmanuel.

Now, after caring for an Alzheimers patient for 14 years, I admire the way he's handling it.

And, isn't it GREAT that his last touring band has several of his kids in it?

Class act, for sure.

Russ

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online