SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#86225 - 11/11/06 04:26 AM Tooting my kids' horn !
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I might have mentioned that I am teaching school these days - well, this weekend was our Winter Drama production of "The Miracle Worker" and man, oh man, oh man !
These kids worked SO hard, and looked SO good ....... it brought me to tears each performance. We have one last show tonight, and I am going to have BIGTIME withdrall after it's over.

We took the cast to Applebee's (a fun resteraunt)last night after the show, and had a great time socializing, eating, laughing ... it was great. Now, tonight - we do our last show, strike the sets and Monday morning .... back to school, as usual.

Sigh .......

We have a Winter "Music Fest"
(a variety show for all the music students) to prepare them for in mid December, but the Spring Musical won't be until May. I don't want to wait that long !!!!!!!!

The theater is something I have always enjoyed - whether in the pit, on stage or behind the sound/lighting boards. It's a great team effort, and for such a small school ( 80 kids ) we have SO many creative, talented performers! It's really a kick to see them "get it" as the play unfolds. I got goosebumps.

That's all - just a proud teacher, singing a song of praise for some terrific kids !

BTW - If you're near Bucks County Pa - we have one more show tonight (11/11/06) at 8pm !
Grace Point Church at Rt 532 and Stoopville Rd in Washingtons Crosssing. Come on in !

[This message has been edited by Uncle Dave (edited 11-11-2006).]

#86226 - 11/11/06 11:06 AM Re: Tooting my kids' horn !
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Dave,

Congratulations on your kids success! It's great your having such fun teaching and I'm sure it's very gratifying.

Why don't you open an Opera House or something so you can teach and have shows full time ;-)

Regards
Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#86227 - 11/11/06 11:39 AM Re: Tooting my kids' horn !
Uncle Dave Offline

Al,
If we could buy a barn or some type of playhouse - this school would ROCK ! I feel like Mickey Rooney in "Babe's In Arms" ..... we have the show - we just need a STAGE !!!!!!!!
Well, off to "break a few legs" again tonight !

#86228 - 11/14/06 10:58 AM Re: Tooting my kids' horn !
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I can't imagine a better person than our friend, Dave to be a teacher. He has always worn his heart on his sleeve (occasionally, to his disadvantage), and I'm sure as a person who really likes his "kids" and goes the extra mile to excel, he's one of the best teachers around. You can tell that he's really happy, likes his students and is really making a difference. What a great way to use his talent and caring approach to life. The world needs more like him.

I really appreciate you, bud!

Russ

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 11-14-2006).]

#86229 - 11/14/06 11:56 AM Re: Tooting my kids' horn !
Uncle Dave Offline

Russ,
Enough words ..... send me that Suitcase !
(private joke)

Thanx, my friend.

#86230 - 11/14/06 11:06 PM Re: Tooting my kids' horn !
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Hi Dave, lyrics of one of my favorite sings, John C

Oh what a change, Oh what a change
Oh what a change in my life --------

He’s working on the inside --- he’s working on the outside
Oh what a change, Oh what a change
Oh what a change in my life --------

#86231 - 11/15/06 03:02 AM Re: Tooting my kids' horn !
Uncle Dave Offline

Amen !

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online