SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#424128 - 08/01/16 05:24 PM How To Organize Your Setup???
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
I have now put over a month into the PA4X - several hours daily - and have
auditioned styles from all sorts of Korg keyboards. Many of them I have saved in the USER area but did not organize them by type such as JAZZ, BALLROOM - ETC.. So now I have several hundred useful styles saved in the USER area and I don't know how to organize them so they can be found easily in the future.

Is there PC software that can do this task or must it be done on the keyboard?

Deane

#424380 - 08/06/16 11:44 AM Re: How To Organize Your Setup??? [Re: hammer]
Korgman5
Unregistered

I don't have an answer for you Deane but I think by going to
these styles in the USER area, picking out a style for a song
your going to place in songbook and use, the style will be available whenever you need it for the song. Why worry about it?
Just saying, Lloyd

#424390 - 08/06/16 12:20 PM Re: How To Organize Your Setup??? [Re: hammer]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: hammer
I have now put over a month into the PA4X - several hours daily - and have
auditioned styles from all sorts of Korg keyboards. Many of them I have saved in the USER area but did not organize them by type such as JAZZ, BALLROOM - ETC.. So now I have several hundred useful styles saved in the USER area and I don't know how to organize them so they can be found easily in the future.

Is there PC software that can do this task or must it be done on the keyboard?

Deane

What I would do although maybe a bit work intensive doing it at the keyboard. I would be to add each style/song to Songbook and designate a genre for each style/tune. Once in Songbook you could then filter by genre at that point you'd have them in one place and also have them alphabetized.

As far as software Songbook Editor 2 should ease and make the the process a little speedier to designate a genre. One caveat and someone correct me if I've got it wrong, you would first have to add songs/styles at the keyboard, then use the Songbook Editor.

Edited by Stephenm52 (08/06/16 12:24 PM)

#424725 - 08/11/16 05:42 PM Re: How To Organize Your Setup??? [Re: hammer]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Thanks folks,
I have not started this project yet and don't look forward to doing it. From what I understand if I move a style the Songbook will not call it up unless I add it back to Songbook from the new location again.

Right now my styles and songstyles are so mixed up it is hard to find something without using the search feature which does work great.

Deane

#438774 - 10/09/17 07:26 AM Re: How To Organize Your Setup??? [Re: hammer]
zuki Offline

I read in the 1000 you can audition styles without loading the whole .set. This will be handy.

As far as organizing, I just used a dedicated user bank for swing, another for rock, etc

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#438775 - 10/09/17 07:29 AM Re: How To Organize Your Setup??? [Re: hammer]
zuki Offline

My 3X is so convoluted, easy to do. I was able to use the software, which worked well, but somehow missed a style somewhere which totally destroyed my software program. Nothing I can do will allow me to use the program.

Can't wait to start over with the 1000...carefully smile

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#438819 - 10/09/17 06:46 PM Re: How To Organize Your Setup??? [Re: hammer]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Deane I use the Songbook and the set list.

1- Select a song and a style and enter it in Songbook.

2- In the Songbook press Tabs, press Genre. In the Genre I use AA for older ballads, BB for senior up beat. I have six categories. The song book opening page has Filter. Write your Genre, let’s say aa (for me) and the song list will display all older ballads. BB will select all senior upbeats.

3- Press the Set List (Red button near song book) there are 12 St List with 12 songs in each. – and 12 list of Songs Lists; about 144 songs.

4- In the Set List page and press the arrow top right --Press Enable Set List edit.

Name your first Set List. Each of the 12 Set Lists should flavor a certain style of music: Latin – Easy Rock – Ballroom – Disco –Ect. All songs in a Set Lists should complement each other.
In Song Book select the song you entered in step one; a flag with Add to List. Press that and the song will appear in your set list.
While playing one of your Set List and you decide you need a different type of song; let’s say senior up tempo; you go to Song Book – press filter and write BB and all your Senior Up Beats will be displayed.

Deane I hope this helps, John C.

PS, The songs you have already entered in the Song Book can be put in a Set List.
Your user styles should be set up the same way the keyboard is set up. Keyboard factory styles Latin – same button – User Latin.

#441588 - 11/28/17 04:19 PM Re: How To Organize Your Setup??? [Re: bruno123]
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
If possible, the quickest way is to save to a USB stick then
plug it into your PC and get it to sort in alphabetical order.

Then put the stick into the keyboard and transfer your work back into the keyboard in the usual way. It is that quick.

I do this whenever I need to sort documents, songs, files and folders etc.

Hope this helps.

Audrey T

#441771 - 12/01/17 11:35 PM Re: How To Organize Your Setup??? [Re: hammer]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By hammer
Is there PC software that can do this task or must it be done on the keyboard? ..

I'm not familiar to this, but there is a software called PA-Manager.
Maybe what you're looking for?
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online