SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#343870 - 04/20/12 04:02 PM PA3X Internal Clock
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
The PA3X has an internal clock that is used to put dates on files that are saved. The clock can be set at a Global Edit page (Global - General Controls - Clock and Battery). That page also shows the remaining charge for the RAM backup battery. I believe the clock time is maintained with the same battery when the keyboard is turned off but I am not sure. At least, the clock originally retained it's time when the keyboard was turned off.

The internal clock in my PA3X now only works while the unit is turned on. When the keyboard is switched to the standby mode, or turned off, the clock resets itself to the original production date of May 18, 2007. So, it apparently has no backup power functioning. This is the case even though the RAM backup battery shows a full charge with 139 hours remaining.

Does anyone know if there is a separate battery for the internal clock? And, secondly, is this something that can only be fixed with warranty repair?

#343954 - 04/22/12 10:32 PM Re: PA3X Internal Clock [Re: Bob Hendershot]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
This is a known bug, and we hope it will be addressed in the upcoming OS upgrade, promised for June 1st.
DonM

#343962 - 04/23/12 06:09 AM Re: PA3X Internal Clock [Re: Bob Hendershot]
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
Thank you, Don.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online