SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#343560 - 04/12/12 03:27 PM KMA joystick issues
coffeekev Offline

Hi. New to this forum and new micro ARRANGER owner. Love the keyboard. It's my first Korg arranger and, well, my first arranger of any kind at this level so I am going through a learning process.

Here's something that's happened this past week that has me stumped. Out of the box, the joystick seemed to be pretty much set at a default control of bending a full step up when pushed right (x right) and a full step down when pushed left (x left). Y-up or down resulted in modulation on some programs depending on their individual settings.

Suddenly one day it all changed. Now there is no pitch bending at all with any x movement right or left. Nothing happens at all, and this is across the board on all programs, performances, and STS's it seems. At the same time, Y-up bends the pitch up a major 3rd interval, and Y-down bends down a full step.

This change appears to be the same on every sound played on the keyboard in whatever mode it's in. I know individual programs can have the joystick settings changed and saved to that particular sound, but why would it affect ALL the sounds? I went to the global settings and found the RT page for the joystick. I thought maybe this is where changes could be made to the joystick settings that would apply to all sounds, but nothing I've tried is changing anything.

The mystery here is that I never changed ANY joystick parameters anywhere in the keyboard before this happened. I even saved performances where the joystick was behaving the way it did out of the box, but when the joystick behavior mysteriously changed as I've described, those performances also changed, and continue to perform the new joystick behavior I've described without ever being re-saved, even after turning the unit off and back on many times.. And yes, I'm the only person whose ever touched this keyboard. My cat didn't do it!

Like I said, I'm new to this operating system, so if I'm missing something about overall joystick settings that affect all the sounds and performances, please let me know. (Although I don't know how it could have been changed and saved the way it is now knowing that I couldn't have done it.)

#343565 - 04/12/12 06:10 PM Re: KMA joystick issues [Re: coffeekev]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Kevin, it sounds like the wire connection on the joystick has come loose..It should be an easy fix...but you may need to go through your Korg repair service, so not to void the warranty..

#343585 - 04/13/12 09:24 AM Re: KMA joystick issues [Re: coffeekev]
coffeekev Offline

Thanks Fran. I feel more now that it is a physical problem. At first I thought it was a setting issue, but it just doesn't make sense that the x-axis on the joystick would suddenly have no effect on any sound in any mode of the keyboard. I bought the KMA from Sweetwater, and I just happen to live in Fort Wayne, Indiana, so I can just drive there and they will take a look. It's a really cool place, like Disneyland for musicians. I'm sure someone there will figure it out as they have great customer service.

#343598 - 04/13/12 03:13 PM Re: KMA joystick issues [Re: coffeekev]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Kevin, your in good hands...they will take care of you....say hello to Mike Arango for me..he is my sales contact..

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online