SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#74670 - 12/04/99 08:28 PM Roland GI-10 + GK-2A
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
Hello,
Because there's nobody here yet, I wonder if there are others using above setup and if so how satisfied or dissatsified are they??
Which sequencer software or gear are you using ?
Which problems do you run into?
Fred

#74671 - 12/10/99 03:32 AM Re: Roland GI-10 + GK-2A
Paul Ip Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas, U.S.A.
freddynl,

I use Roland GI-10 guitar interface with GK-2A pickup occasionaly for better/more expressive guitar MIDI sequencing than just recording from keyboards. I use Cakewalk Pro as MIDI sequencer on Windows 98 PC with Music Quest 2Port/SE MIDI interface. GI-10 was already discontinued product when I bought it and I got it at a very good price. For my simple recording it works fine since I am not a real advanced guitarist. The 1/4" input was one of the big incentives that I bought the GI-10. I tried singing into it but the GI-10 was too sensitive in interpreting my voice and the pitch recognition was not useful at all for voice. GI-10 + GK-2A is a decent MIDI guitar combo if you already have synths/sound modules and do not want to pay for the expensive current models from Roland, Yamaha and others.

Paul

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online