SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#71877 - 09/19/00 05:57 AM Idiot Post
Lelio Offline

Loc: England
I have a Sy77 hooked up to a Korg Triton...I want to be able to play them in time together via midi without the Sy77 triggering the Tritons sounds and vice-versa ie how am I able to use the 16 tracks on each independently to write songs..but have them synchronized??
Help!
Lelio

#71878 - 09/19/00 12:09 PM Re: Idiot Post
KeyboardFreak Offline

Hey Lelio.... I'm no expert so don't quote me on this, check it out yourself, but maybe try getting a midi merger box.... I believe these take 2 midi ins from different sources and change them to 1 midi out. I would guess if you hooked the SY77 and Triton up to this thing seperated from each other it might work. About the sync, I think I saw a midi merger with a internal clock once... but I don't know. Go to www.zzounds.com they have lots of midi products

------------------
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

#71879 - 10/17/00 02:23 AM Re: Idiot Post
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
You would need a dual port or better MIDI adapter to provide you with at least 32 channels ie. 2 MIDI ports. Then you could assign each track to the port you want it to be sent on. This would allow you 16 independant channels for each of your synths. There is really no other way around this if you want no limitations and don't wish to start muting channels on the synths.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online