I just got my PSR 2000 for Christmas, and am having a great time with it. I'm hoping you can help me with a minor snag.
I'm a jazz musician, who will be using the synthesizer for practice and live gigs. As such, the majority of tunes I'll be playing
will have a 4 or 8 bar intro, then the "head" of x number of bars, then
the 4 or 8 bar ending. As I want to leave extended amounts of time during the head for solos, I want to establish repeats from letter A to letter B indefinitely.

I found in the manual, on page 79 how to mark letters A and B for indefinite repeat, but the machine isn't cooperating with me, or rather I with it. When I follow either the live or step directions, I get 4 beats of annoying metronome interruption, or silence when I reduce the metronome volume.

I also found in the options section a designation for enabling or disabling the repeats function, but can't find a way to access it. I am thinking that I need to establish phrase marks, but the manual is
a bit nebulous regarding how it's done, or most likely I'm just not understanding the nuts and bolts of the process.

To put it simply, here is an example of what I'd like to do with a simple blues progression:

Intro [[: 12 bars :]] ending

I would imagine that this could simply be done on such a sophisticated instrument, but I'm just not getting it. Remember, I `d like to keep the repeated 12 bar phrase playing
indefinitely, so as to accommodate any number of solo verses, then go out after a
final head hopefully by just hitting the "ending" button).

Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Al Dieste
adieste@goldrush.com