SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#72363 - 08/04/02 11:28 AM Music Editing
Dewey Offline

Can anyone point me to some tutoring on editing recorded music on the PSR-1000? From the manual, it appears far more complicated than it needs to be. And since I run a company, I don't have a lot of time to sit down and psych it out.

Thanks a lot.

Dewey

#72364 - 08/08/02 09:52 AM Re: Music Editing
Midnite Rider Offline

Loc: Whittier, CA, USA
Dewey,

Got this doc from Yamaha:

Editing Song Track Parameters such as Voice and Volume on a PSR1000/2000

Individual Song Track Parameters such as Voice, Volume, Pan, Tempo, etc. can be changed by selecting the 'MIXING CONSOLE' function from the 'SET UP' view in 'SONG CREATOR'.

Changing the Voice (for Example) on a Track:
1) Load the Song into the PSR1000/2000.

2) Press the [DIGITAL RECORDING] button.

3) Press the [A] 'SONG CREATOR' button.

4) Use the [BACK] and [NEXT] buttons to display the 'CHANNEL' page in the screen.

5) Use the [A] and [B] buttons to display the 'SET UP' view in the screen.

6) Press the [MIXING CONSOLE] button repeatedly to select Channels 1-8 or Channels 9-
16 at the bottom of the screen ('CH1~8' or 'CH9~16' will display at the top of the screen).

7) Use the [BACK] and [NEXT] buttons to display the 'VOL/VOICE' page in the screen.

8) Use the [1] - [8] toggle buttons under the screen to select a Track.

9) Press the [H] button to select the 'VOICE' section in the screen.

10) Select a new Voice for the Track, using the buttons in the 'VOICE' section on the front
panel.

11) Press the [EXIT] button twice to return to the 'SET UP' view.

Saving the Edited Song:
1) Press the [I] 'SAVE' button.

2) Use the [BACK] and [NEXT] buttons to select the destination ('USER' or 'FLOPPY
DISK').

3) Press the [6 v] 'SAVE' button.

4) Press the [8 ^] 'OK' button.

5) Press the [F] 'YES' button to overwrite the old version of the Song with the new one.

Owner's Manual, p. 102-104

#72365 - 08/08/02 04:43 PM Re: Music Editing
Dewey Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dewey:
Can anyone point me to some tutoring on editing recorded music on the PSR-1000? From the manual, it appears far more complicated than it needs to be. And since I run a company, I don't have a lot of time to sit down and psych it out.

Thanks a lot.

Dewey

#72366 - 08/08/02 04:46 PM Re: Music Editing
Dewey Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dewey:

Thanks, Midnite Rider. What I'm really wanting to do is go in and correct a wrong note, etc. so that I can prevent having to record the entire song again to get rid of one - such things as that. I know the keyboard has that capability, but the manual makes it sound so complicated that I'm not sure I have time to spend on a steep learning curve. I was just looking for some instruction that would shorten the process for me.

Thanks for responding, though.

Dewey

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online