SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#72352 - 07/28/02 10:14 AM WHY NO OTS in downloaded PSR9000 styles??
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Requesting info here on 9000 psr.
All the factory defaults have ots in this keyboard. I can load in a new style and make ots for it.
I have downloaded several styles from reccomended sites and none of them have ots.
I backup the defaults from the keyboard onto a floppy and in the computer they show ots files. The downloaded files do not.
What am I missing here?
Please bring my learning curve on this new board up to speed and thanks to any and all from,
Bebop

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 07-28-2002).]

#72353 - 07/28/02 01:58 PM Re: WHY NO OTS in downloaded PSR9000 styles??
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Bebop. The OTS are only available once Styles are installed into the Flash Rom.(assuming the OTS was Saved with the Style) They are not there when running a Style from Floppy. Another one of Yamaha's BUGS.

Graham UK 9000PRO

[This message has been edited by Graham UK (edited 07-28-2002).]

#72354 - 07/28/02 03:38 PM Re: WHY NO OTS in downloaded PSR9000 styles??
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Thank you Graham, I did know that much. I have loaded one style into the flash rom from everyone of 20 disks of downloaded styles using the include ots command. None had the ots command. I then checked them in the computer and none had that file.
I then backed up 10 of the flash rom files to my floppy disc including the ots command and checked it in the computer and YUP it had a ots file for every style file. I guess nobody that sent me style files saved them with the ots file. I see that I can make my own but that is a lot of work. I best get started on "rolling my own"
Thank you,
Bebop

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 07-28-2002).]

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online