SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#71459 - 01/23/02 02:19 AM Using XGedit and sw1000xg with other synths in cakewalk...?
Event Offline

Loc: Finland
Hello!

I seem to have a problem using the XGworks and Hubi's (in Cakewalk) and the same time Roland JV-1010 or Emu Orbit?? When I have like XG piano on the first track, then I want a pad from the JV, so I select the channels, and start finding the JV-pad, the XG piano is always on top of my every JV sound? Prehaps the problem is in the in/out ports, but I can't figure it out???
Would it be easier to use Midi Yoke... or what's the other mididriver,,...?

#71460 - 02/17/02 01:04 AM Re: Using XGedit and sw1000xg with other synths in cakewalk...?
Xenox.AFL Offline

Loc: Salzgitter, Germany
Well, the best for you should be an real Midi INterface, there you have then different Midi Ports! You can give all Synth a different Port, I don't know if the SW1000XG has it's own port, never seen this card...!!

Frank
or http://www1.keyboards.de/news/03/09/18/1641.html smile
----------

#71461 - 02/19/02 07:09 AM Re: Using XGedit and sw1000xg with other synths in cakewalk...?
DMC Offline

Loc: NY City
First, why are you running XGWorks and Cakewalk at the same time. Both are sequencers, its like running cubase and cakewalk at the same time. you need to use only one of them at a time. Next, The JV-1010 and Orbit are not XG. XGEdit is for XG equipment (and basic GM). Try SG-Edit(or is it gs??) by the same guy who wrote xgedit(Gary Gregson)or soundriver by emagic(?). Next, use the second port on the sw1k for the non-xg synth(or vise versa). check to make sure your midi-outs are set to the proper synth. most sequencers can map to several outputs so make sure your not also mapping to the sw1k(just midi out, no others). It is possible to run XGEdit and SG-edit at the same time(they need to be on seperate ports)with cakewalk, but you can only have one midi input assigned(i recommend assigning midi input to cakewalk so you can record midi note data). A midi interface might be the way to go since the midi-in on the sw1k is only for port 1 (im somewhat sure). Setup as follows:

In cakewalk: Midi in-> Sw100xg midi in
midi out-> port1 to SW1000XG synth1, port 2 to sw1000xg midi out(only).

In xgedit:
midi in->none
midi out -> port 1 to sw1000xg, port 2 to none
In sgedit:
midi in-> none
midi out-> port 1 to none, port 2 to sw1000xg midi out(to outboard synth)

Remember that each of these can output to multiple ports(which means it will play on multiple ports) so make sure you only have what you want in each.

Hope this helps,

DudeManCentral

PS. If you have the newest sw1k drivers, you do not need hubi or yoke anymore.

[This message has been edited by DMC (edited 02-19-2002).]

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online