SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#72626 - 11/28/00 08:37 PM S80 clicking keys
antkar Offline

Loc: western NY
I purchased the S80 2 weeks ago. While I am enjoying playing it, I have noticed that while playing the keys, there seems to be a noise like crackling paper between the keys. I've noticed this on both the white keys and the black. I also can see that there is something white between the keys that seems to be rubbing together when I depress them. It is not a real loud noise, but it is annoying to me as the musician. I don't know that the audience is able to hear it, but I certainly can. Is this something normally associated with this keyboard, or should I return it to the store where I purchased it and get another one? Maybe it's something that is normal with all electronic keyboards? I'd really appreciate any ideas as soon as possible. Thank you very much for your help.

#72627 - 11/29/00 09:16 AM Re: S80 clicking keys
KeyboardFreak Offline

Wow... I bet that's annoying.... I would guess this isn't normal. Is it on all the keys??? Maybe some packing material got down in between a few. I played the S-80 at Guitar Center for quite some time and never noticed this.... then again if it's fairly quiet I wouldn't have heard it over everything else going on in there. Maybe you could get the store that sold it to you to give you their opinion. I'm no expert here... but this situation doesn't sound good.

------------------
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

#72628 - 11/29/00 11:30 AM Re: S80 clicking keys
antkar Offline

Loc: western NY
Yep, I was thinking the same thing about playing it at the Guitar Center. I never noticed it there, either, but it is SO NOISY there, that I bet it wouldn't be able to be heard there anyway. I think that I'll be going back there to see if I can detect it in the store and then see if the salesperson knows anything about it. I also put in an email to Yamaha, but haven't heard anything from them yet.
Thanks for the response!

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online