SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#71544 - 09/04/00 08:53 PM all PSR users
jackson99 Offline

Loc: mitchell SD USA
I have a question for all PSR users. I'm having a little difficulty understanding the difference between Chorus, Reverb, and Dsp Effects and they relate to Harmony. Is there anywhere where I can get tips on what setting are good ones to use and what each effect does and what should be turned off and on and the level of volume for each?

#71545 - 09/06/00 02:47 AM Re: all PSR users
Soundpool Offline

Loc: Holzdorf, Sachsen-Anhalt, Germ...
Hey there!

4 Years ago, Yamaha has integrated his XG-concept into the PSR-series. That means you have the same sounds and effects like on a normal level 1 XG-device. There you have 3 DSP's available for digital effects:
Reverb, Chorus, Variation

Reverb adds simple reverb effects to your sound, like the ambience of a concert hall and so on...
The Chorus contains several chorus and flanger effects. The Chorus is a stereo effect which makes your sound more "fat".
The Flanger adds a kind of "soaring" effect, you could compare this to the turbine of a jet. The Cheleste effect is another Chorus variation.
Now the Variation DSP's contains all the effects of the Chorus DSP and some additional special FX, like "Telephone" or Delay...just try them out.

I hope that helps you,

------------------
Robert Jung
webmaster of the soundpool (www.thesoundpool.de)

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online