SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#72159 - 12/10/99 03:42 PM QY70 hel[p needed!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Help!!!! We have a QY70, and want to save the files on our computer using a QY70 data filer. We followed all the instructions correctly, but when we tried to make the connection it said this: Data transfer failed. Confirm QY70 connections(HOST SELECT switch, etc.).

Can Anyone help us with tis problem? We've tryed loading the program several times.
My e-mail is lady_fever@yahoo.com

------------------
The almight Avery, Queen of Piff!

#72160 - 12/10/99 06:06 PM Re: QY70 hel[p needed!
Paul Ip Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas, U.S.A.
Avery,

I do not own a QY70 but I have a PSR730, which also has a MIDI in, MIDI out and a TO HOST port. I would like to ask you a simple question: Did you use the TO HOST port with a mini-DIN8 to serial DB9 cable from Yamaha to connect your QY70 to your computer? And if so, did you make sure that you put the small switch by the side of the MIDI/TO HOST port to the TO HOST position? If you are using MIDI out, please also make sure that the small switch points to MIDI. These connections are either or, but not both. If you did the connection right, then check another cable to see if the first one malfunctions. If the seond cable solves your problem, then you have either a faulty Yamaha cable or a cable not wired to Yamaha's specs. If the second cable still fails, check to see if your computer serial/MIDI port functions normally. If all the hardware works fine separately but you still cannot make QY70 and your PC talk then you probably need to talk to Yamaha technical support people to see if they can help you.

Paul Ip

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online