SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#74003 - 09/12/99 09:14 AM Yamaha O1v
Janne Offline

Loc: Borås, Sweden
Hi,
I would appreciate some user feedback on this mixer. What do you think about it?

Also, does it work well to both input and output digital signals in 48 KHz?

Best regards,
Janne

#74004 - 09/12/99 10:00 AM Re: Yamaha O1v
mix Offline

Loc: Portugal
Great mixer. There is only one thing I don't like about it, it does not have any aux inputs so you have to use one of the input channels. You can use Omni outs as aux outputs.
Try it and you will fall inlove with it.

#74005 - 09/23/99 09:08 AM Re: Yamaha O1v
pko Offline

Loc: Hampshire, England
Janne,

I got my 01V about three weeks ago. It's the second one we've bought but I have not really plyed with one until now.

Unfortunately I have not made use of the digital i/o yet, so no comment there.

I really like the machine. The user interface is straight forward (though some seem to disagree).

The only thing I would change on the design so far is to always have the master fader act as a master fader. Reaching for the master output fader before the headphone burst you ear drum only to find it's set to ajust the effects level has caught me out one or twice.

I have seen some negative comment on the sound quality of this unit. However, these tended to come from people who went on to describe the virtues of this or that $2000 compressor (i.e not quite in the real world).

In my home rig it has replaced a Mackie 1604 and StudioQuad effects unit as the main mixer/effects combination. I can definately say that we have remixed some tracks with a great improvement. This is mainly due to the built in compressors, 4 band eq and master effects.

I use the OMNI outs in pairs to feed the inputs of my two E6400 samplers and this works very well.

From the point of view of myself and my collaborator it could not be more perfect. We both have our own studios and rarely get the chance to work together. Being able to pass tracks back and forth across the samplers and 01v for perfect replication is just fantatsic.

Go and try one.

Paul

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online