SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#72070 - 01/26/99 06:19 PM DJX, ZOOM RHYTHMTRAK 234
Anonymous
Unregistered

MY DRUM MACHINE (ZOOM RHYTHMTRAK 234) ONLY HAS A MIDI IN PORT. I JUST BOUGHT A DJX, AND THOUGHT THAT I WOULD BE ABLE TO DO MY DRUM AND BASS PATTERNS ON MY DRUM MACHINE AND ALL OTHER PHRASE'S ON THE DJX. BUT ALL I SEEM TO BE ABLE TO DO WITH MY DRUM MACHINE IS PLAY THE PRESET STYLE PATTERNS THROUGH IT. THAT SUCKS!!! I LOVE MY DRUM MACHINE AND DONT WANT TO HAVE TO SELL IT, WHAT DO I DO? I TRIED HOOKING THE DJX AND 234 INTO MY PC BUT THEIR IS ONLY ONE MIDI OUT PLUG COMING OUT THE PC AND NO MIDI THROUGH ON THE DJX. HOW DO I CONTROL MY DRUM MACH. FROM THE DJX OR THE PC? CAN I SYNC MY DRUM AND BASS PATTERNS UP WITH MY OWN ORIGINAL RECORDINGS FROM THE DJX?
I CURRENTLY USE MIDI AND DIGITAL ORCHESTRAITER PLUS,ARE THESE GOOD PROGRAMS? OR WHAT SOFTWARE WOULD YOU RECCOMEND USING WITH MY STUFF? HOW WOULD I ENTER MY DRUM AND BASS PATTERNS ON THE SEQUENCER, WITH A DRUM MACHINE THAT ONLY HAS A MIDI IN PORT? PLEASE DONT LAUGH AT MY QUESTIONS, I HAVE NEVER USED ANYTHING MIDI BEFORE!!!!! EMAIL ME AT CRYSTOMETH@HOTMAIL.COM, MAYBE YOU CAN LEAVE YOUR NUMBER SO I CAN CALL YOU AND GET THE CONFUSSION FIGURED OUT.

THANX AND WILL SOMEBODY DEVELOP A DJX USER GROUP TO HELP IDIOTS LIKE ME OUT!!!!

#72071 - 02/05/99 12:32 PM Re: DJX, ZOOM RHYTHMTRAK 234
PeterK Offline

Loc: Boston MA 02118
Send an email to DJX-List@webtv.net, which is ,
surprise surprise, a DJX only forum

#72072 - 02/05/99 12:32 PM Re: DJX, ZOOM RHYTHMTRAK 234
PeterK Offline

Loc: Boston MA 02118
Send an email to DJX-List@webtv.net, which is
surprise surprise, a DJX only forum. Then, Get Busy Child !

#72073 - 02/06/99 08:58 PM Re: DJX, ZOOM RHYTHMTRAK 234
REAMAN Offline

Loc: London England
Ello mate.
You can use a midi thru box to gain multiple outs I have 2 to 8 that has 2 midi in.'s (from the PC etc)and eight midi outs
This was about £50 but u can get a 1 to 3 for about £15 this solves your midi thru problem.
Now as for sync together this is definitely pos.
What u need to do is set one of the devices to receive midi clock check manual for this.
A drum machine often has a midi in only this is so u put it at the end of your midi chain.
I use many bits of kit and they all sync up together that's MIDI........
As for software I have used all the seq.'s I have found and without a doubt the best I found is cubase.
I use cubase VST but this is very expensive. about £299 but u can get cheaper version's.
There is even an midi/audio version free on some magazine cover CD's.
This is very easy to use so I recommend it.
If u cant get hold of a copy get back to me and well arrange something.
U play the 234 sounds from your DJX .
I hope this helps u.

PS I also make mostly Drum & Bass maybe we could swap some midis in the future. let me know where u are from, Obviously I only know UK £'s

Keith (REAMAN@btinternet.com) London UK

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online