SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#71558 - 06/01/02 02:53 AM How are you playing ...with your psr9000/9000 pro
Alain Offline

Loc: De Panne , Belgium
I have just received my yamaha psr9000 pro and I am wandering how you pro's are playing with it.
I have a lot off styles made specialy for the psr9000. (some with OTS)
I want to play with a certain style made for a certain song. I want to change during the song the pattern....A-B-C... and I also want the lead voice to change when I change the patterns .
How are you doing this...what is the best way to perform ?
Do you play with midifiles, built in styles or commercial styles ?

Thanks for the advice,
Alain

#71559 - 06/01/02 05:09 AM Re: How are you playing ...with your psr9000/9000 pro
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Alain.....I have recently been discussing just this point with the Yamaha Factory demonstrator staff. Select a style suitable for the song you wish to perform with right hand voice..s. Save into a Reg Bank 1 with name of song. Duplicate this into Banks 2. 3. & 4 or up to bank 8 if you wish. Each with a different right hand voice to suit different parts of the song. You can even mute some of the style backings in Bank 1 and add them back by un-muting as you save into Banks 2. 3.& 4. I set my right hand sustain pedal to trigger the Bank Registrations and just press it as I move though the song. You have over 600 Registrations, so plenty of room for a load of songs settings. You could select any suitable ones from the Music Data Base and convert to your liking and then save into the Registration Banks.

Graham UK

#71560 - 06/06/02 08:40 AM Re: How are you playing ...with your psr9000/9000 pro
Alain Offline

Loc: De Panne , Belgium
Still problems playing with the psr9000 pro.
I want to play for instance Strangers in the night....I have the style for this song and I have copied this song to my hard disk.
So I load the style....but then what do I do next.
I want to play with the four variations...and I want the right hand voice change when the variation changes...how can I save this to the hard disk that the next time I want to play this song everything is ready to play....no time wasting.

I am new to the yamaha keyboards...I also have a technics kn6500 ....

Please give me advice how I can solve this problem...because for me this is a problem...I want to load the style and get started....

Thanks a lot,
Alain

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online