If I offend anyone it not be my intention. I am sharing only what I have learned –knowledge for some.

I have had every top model of Technics since the KN1000, and I loved my KN7000 like I have never loved another keyboard. Please let no one touch that thought.

If we were talking guitar which was my main instrument and that guitar was one of the best made I would not part with it. Not so for keyboards they are based on technology which is constantly growing. That’s my mindset.

Technics KN7000
1-The over all sound
2-The brass sounds
3-The sequencer
4-The SD card
5-Custom 20
6-Registration memory
7-Style and sounds editing
And there are more – I do not have the keyboard in front of me.

Tyros 2
1-The over all sounds for big band is not as good.
2-The over all sound is not as bright and clear.
3-Has more bottom, stronger basses, and out front drums. Now if you are playing “It had to be you”, I don’t feel these are the qualities that you want. The stronger bottom is not the kind you achieve by adjusting the EQ. It is just the nature of Yamaha.
4-The over all sound is younger, more contemporary. Not good for Glenn Miller but better for everything after that. The Glenn Miller sytles sound like Glenn Miller played by the bands of today.
5-The sequencer is not as good as the one in the KN7.
6-The instrument sounds are always subjective—my opinion; The brasses have come very close – in some cases they are better. The guitars are better. The basses are stronger. All the other instruments are give and take.

[This message has been edited by bruno123 (edited 08-08-2006).]