Hello again!

I recently received a new laptop that I want to use for copying music from the 7000 to my computer. Using the 7000 CD, I setup (installed) the Audio Recorder and Song Manager, as well as the drivers, etc. I then connected my USB cable to the keyboard and the computer. The computer told me that a new device was connected and ready to use. I then opened the Audio Recorder, turned on the 7000 with a tune ready to be played, and clicked on the red button on the Audio Recorder that is supposed to record through the USB cable. When I pressed the red button, however, I got this message:

"Audio device cannot be used. Check that connection to musical instrument is correct."
I then redid the USB cable on both ends, pressed the red button and the same message over and over each time!

Is there something I should be doing that I am not doing? If I click on Control Panel--Sounds and Audio Devices--there are five tabs. Do I have to do something under one or more of them to make the connection perform as it should? Is there something I should be doing with the keyboard, other than connecting the USB cable in the back?
When I had my old computer hooked up this way, I had no trouble recording, but am totally befuddled now as to why it won't work or why it tells me there is something wrong with the connection.

Any help would be appreciated and I thank you in advance.

Ted Rose

[This message has been edited by Ted Rose (edited 08-04-2006).]