SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#41832 - 07/10/00 01:29 PM technics KN1500
Francesco Z Offline

Loc: amsterdam
hello, all there out in musicland
I own a technics kn1500, and I am still very happy with it! but...... I never hear anybody talk about this keyboard atall. Was it a flop maybe??? or is it too old that nobody remembers what this keyboard was able to do? or maybe is it that good, that you dont need any questions about it

francesco Z

#41833 - 07/11/00 10:34 AM Re: technics KN1500
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Hello Francesco
It's good to hear you like your 1500. I suspect you don't see a lot of talk about it because most of those here have either a KN 2000, 3000, 5000 or 6000. But I believe your keyboard would be similar (though less features) than one of these models.
This group seems to have gone on vacation for the summer. For some reason, no one is talking about any Technics stuff lately. Too bad, too - I always like to hear what other's are thinking about.
Tom

#41834 - 07/12/00 05:19 AM Re: technics KN1500
Yuto Offline

Hello there TomTomSF,

It's been a while since I've heard anybody on this forum. I thought maybe everybody left and didn't leave me a note or something. Anyway, regarding the 1500, all I can say is lucky you.

I've heard so much about the new keyboards out there like the x1, va-7,and psr9000 and stuff but I have a KN920 and have had it for 2 years now and I am very happy with it. I am not a professional player. I just play at home with my kids and I still have not tired of this great keyboard. I think that when it comes to a keyboard, it really comes down to personal preference. I have used a technics for 2 years now, and IF I were to buy a new keyboard,IF, I would buy another technics. It may be a narrow minded point of view but it still is my choice.

In conclusion, I know that the KN1500 is better than the 920 so I envy you VERY MUCH.

#41835 - 07/12/00 10:26 AM Re: technics KN1500
Francesco Z Offline

thanks for replying to my mail.

Yes indeed, I think that the keyboard may have not so much possibilities, but the way I use it together with other synths it't really ok. playing with this keyboard on stages, seems not to happen so oft, but I am doin it!!! piano's (are also ok, considering the electric ones) the only dis advantage is to me, that some sounds use a standard vibrato, wich can be sometimes anoying, bat playing the keyboard with the midiposibilities, like the harmonies is very good, especially when you use a vocoder or something. ofcourse the 2000 and 5000 are better, but with midi they dont make lot of a difference I think. sequenser is CRAB, bat okee who needs that anyway in a keyboard when U use it with computer or atari.

------------------
FZ

#41836 - 07/12/00 10:30 AM Re: technics KN1500
Francesco Z Offline

as far as I remember the kn920, wasx quite simmalair to the 1500 back then(bought mine also about 2 years ago) the only difference was, that you dont have a modulationwheel, and midi through and instead of a powercable you have to use an adapter... wich was for me infact the reasen to buy the little more expensive one.
anyway thanks for your reply

Francesco
amsterdam(holland)

------------------
FZ

#41837 - 11/24/00 07:20 AM Re: technics KN1500
John Carter Anderson Offline

Loc: Stafford, UK
Dont feel too bad, I own a Technics kn800, and I have grown tired of it. I`m wondering what price tag to attatch to it, just to give me a hand, how much did you pay for yours, what condition was it in, first or 2nd hand etc.. if you could be of any help, I would greatley appreciate it.

talk to you soon hopefully

#41838 - 11/29/00 06:58 PM Re: technics KN1500
Lucky Kelly Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
Hello Francesco Z:
Just a short note to let you know that I also have a KN1500, and I am extremely happy with it. I would eventually like to upgrade to a KN5000, but in the meantime, I enjoy the KN1500. You are right about not hearing anyone talk about it, usually all the chat is about the KN6000. Maybe we should start a club.

Happy key thumper
Lucky Kelly

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online