SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#46056 - 08/30/00 07:52 PM Conversion Software
MusicTutor Offline

Loc: Silver City, New Mexico USA
Can anyone suggest software to convert files from one Technic model to another? There are a lot of good KN5000 files that I would to use on my KN2000.
Walt

#46057 - 09/02/00 01:02 PM Re: Conversion Software
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Walt,

EMC-Tastenshop (http://www.tastenshop.com)makes a great software program called "Style Works" which allow you to convert other Technics styles (including KN5000) to your KN2000 keyboard.The price is DM 298 (German Marks).

EMC-Tastenshop also sells more comprehensive software programs which include converting SMFs into Technics styles (Works Professional-DM 498) as well as programs which will convert styles from all arranger keyboard brands to and from each other(Style Works Universal- DM 798).

I own the "Style Works Universal" program and it works very well. The style conversions never sound 'exactly' the same as they would on the original source keyboard (because of sound differences unique to each specific instrument/model), but overall I have been very happy with the results. The feature I like and use most is "Song to Style" (SMF to Style Conversion) which allows you to convert a Standard Midi File into a Technics KN style. The results have been fantastic and can produce styles even better than style conversions. Becasue there are thousands of free standard midi file songs available out there on the internet, this opens up never ending possibilities to having many more unique Technics styles available to you. These new styles can then be used to perform style "specific" songs unique to an individual song or style to cover a broad song genre.

Another cheaper option in the "Song To
Style" conversion dept is a program called "Song to Style" by Taiyo. This program was designed for the KN5000 and not available for the KN2000. I own this program because I own the KN5000, but unfortunately you are'nt able to have much control over the customization of the song to style conversion(auditioning options and changes in real time) as you have with the EMC programs. The EMC programs may be expensive but I highly recommend them if you plan to do a lot of style conversions or song to style conversions.

Happy Keyboarding,

- Scott (San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA)

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 09-02-2000).]

#46058 - 09/02/00 04:44 PM Re: Conversion Software
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Walt, I am a dealer for EMC styleworks, If you are interested, email me. Let me know the styles you would like converted and I'll convert some for you...Fran

#46059 - 09/03/00 10:52 AM Re: Conversion Software
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Hi Scott & Fran
I would love to hear an example of a MIDI song converted to a style for the KN5000. I've never really appreciated what exactly what one can do with this software. Would you consider emailing me one of the conversions that BESTS exemplifies this? I'd like to hear what it is that you're talking about.
Tom

#46060 - 09/04/00 11:56 AM Re: Conversion Software
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Hi Fran
Thanks so much for sending me the KN5000 MIDI to style examples. They are pretty interesting. I haven't played them too much, but they seem a bit "rougher" than most styles. Maybe it's just me, but they sound kinda busy? I think they're fun, but not as good as the built in styles. I really appreciate you sending them to me to check them out, though! Thanks again!!
Tom

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online