SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#46953 - 01/06/00 05:32 PM Recording midi file
Lucky Kelly Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
Hi Everyone, got a problem. The answer is probably simple, but I can't seem to find it. I usually record my songs via "Easy Record" and then save it has a Tech file on a floppy. Now I am trying to save it as a SMF (midi file), but all I am saving is the sounds in my right hand and my chords in the left, but there is no rhythms, sustains, etc. What am I doing wrong. One other thing, my floppy is a 2HD, not a 2DD.

Lucky

#46954 - 01/06/00 07:40 PM Re: Recording midi file
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
Lucky, in general midi there are no composer files so you have to go through the process of converting the rhythm stuff to midi channels. Larry Cohan has written some great stuff on this subject. Go to my site and select the link to Larry's web site. There is also an article titled Midi Out With APC on my "How To" pages. http://home.att.net/~bobgrh .

#46955 - 01/07/00 05:44 AM Re: Recording midi file
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
You didn't say what kind of keyboard you were using and I didn't consider that. If you are using an organ, Armando Lozano has a web site that discusses this subject for organs. His site is at http://www.geocities.com/arloga/
Armando is an excellent musician and has several of his general midi songs at his site that can be downloaded.

#46956 - 01/07/00 07:07 AM Re: Recording midi file
Lucky Kelly Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
Bob,
Thanks for the info. FYI I play a KN1500. I have looked at Larry Cohan's info that he has provided, it is excellent. I also have an EX30L (old) but it doesn't have a disk drive, besides I seldom play it now days unless I want to mess around with pedals.
Again, thanks for your help. I will check this other guy out.
Lucky

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online