SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#41753 - 12/21/99 02:41 AM KN6000 chord problem
Herbert Mladosevits Offline

Loc: Vienna, Austria
Hi all,
back again from the technics Web-forum itīs fine to seen some known people here.

Does anybody have a new response from Technics concerning the chord-recognition problem ? Some of you know that I have sent them a sample-file where they can hear the problem. I do not have ANY comments from them. They are still ignoring it.
Does anyone have a better answer for me

#41754 - 12/22/99 03:22 PM Re: KN6000 chord problem
peter castanos Offline

Loc: sydney australia
Hi Herbert

I don't have any good news for you about the chord problem which STILL EXISTS and could be the reason I eventually return the 6000 (and seek full and proper compensation), however I've decided to be patient and wait for the next software upgrade, provided it comes by, say, the end of january.
There are so many good things about the 6000 that I would be really disappointed if I have to return it, but of course I may be left with no option in the long run if they don't rectify the chord problem.
The fact that there has been no upgrade for several weeks now suggests (hopefully) that Technics is working very hard on SOMETHING, but whether that something is what we hope it is, is anyones guess!

Merry christmas...and don't change chords too often!!

#41755 - 12/23/99 06:12 AM Re: KN6000 chord problem
Richard Peck Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ USA
FYI - I did talk about the chord problem with Chris Halon one of the developers of the 6000 and he basically shined it on. He seemed to think it was a minor problem, it didn't bother him. I'm sorry to say is looks to be a typical Technics attitude.

Good luck and let's hope they debug the board soon.

#41756 - 12/23/99 09:42 AM Re: KN6000 chord problem
Peter Simpson Offline

Loc: Horsham, West Sussex, UK
Latest info from KN6000.COM sounds like it will be considered "Normal" if they can't fix it.

About what I was expecting I'm afraid. They get one more firmware update opportunity, otherwise it's back to the dealer.

It's a real shame because I think the KN6000 is otherwise a great keyboard. It's just that this feature is not acceptable in a Ģ2000 keyboard.

Peter

#41757 - 12/23/99 02:59 PM Re: KN6000 chord problem
peter castanos Offline

Loc: sydney australia
Yes, I agree, one more chance.

Then again maybe they'd be relieved if they could get rid of us! No more bad publicity.

Hey Richard, don't tell me one of the developers of the 6000 is a one finger player!! Surely thats the only explanation for his comment that it doesn't bother him!

Unfortunately we're not getting much christmas joy from Technics.

#41758 - 12/24/99 12:37 AM Re: KN6000 chord problem
John Shute Offline

Loc: Berkshire UK
Hi Peter,

It's very charitable of you to think that silence from Technics and blackout of their discussion forum is because they are "working very hard on SOMETHING" to fix the KN6000. But In November you told us Technics had given you their "final assessment". If they can fix the bugs or intend to do so they would surely have published something rather than hiding from us all.

And you may be very unlucky if you try to get your money back next year. You may get only a second user price at best (if anyone wants to buy it!) You have had use of the keyboard for some time and have not asked for a refund.

Why not go to your store now and tell them you want a full refund because it does not perform to its published specification? It the store then gives you an assurance and a date for a fix you might agree to wait. At least the buck gets passed back to Technics that way.

Also beware of assuming a flash update will cure all problems. Some functionality is embedded in hardware. We can't assume that everything can be fixed by a download. Early models might not be fixable.

So if you are unhappy, register your request for a refund at your store as soon as possible. You can always withdraw it if things improve.

Cheers, John.

#41759 - 12/24/99 05:45 AM Re: KN6000 chord problem
Richard Peck Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ USA
Hi Peter,

I'm sorry if I gave the impression that the demo was a one finger wonder. Chris is definately NOT a one finger player. The problem I feel with his demo was he'd programmed almost all of it in the sequencer. It was like he was playing along with the built in demo. His presentation was very razzle dazzle with lots of theatrics. Most everything he did was loud and fast. I would have liked to have heard some slow mellow stuff to get an idea of how the individual instruments sounded. He used a lot of the new vocal sounds which had little interest for me. To my ear when I got a chance to hear some sustained notes they sounded thin and reedy as some have in the past.

Have a nice holiday.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online