SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#419853 - 04/15/16 12:49 AM Thought About Pads
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I have found the use of pads changes the boredom of a style.

User Pads
1-A cymbal on all four beats.
2-A snare on the second beat and forth beat.
3-A guitar strum soft on the first and third beats and strong on the second and fourth beats.
4-A hard bass drum on all four beats. (disco)

The factory pads can also be used in many ways.
Anyone share these thoughts – or can add some good ideas on how to take the boredom out of a style. A live band changes often/

John C.

#419913 - 04/15/16 05:47 PM Re: Thought About Pads [Re: bruno123]
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
Hi John, i use the custom pads quite a lot, in particular pads 1 and 2 in latin mode. It adds a nice bongo sound to the other latin patterns.
Experiment and you will find some other useful sounds as well.

Ray dance

#419926 - 04/16/16 05:39 AM Re: Thought About Pads [Re: The Saint]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Ray, I love using the #6 pad for a chord progression. Blues and Rock use a lot of the 12 bar progressions. Press #6 and it plays the progression in the style, tempo and key of the song I am playing. This leaves both hands free to do whatever.
The #5 has a IIm7 I progression (example in the key of F major) Gm7 and C7. Each chord gets 2 or 4 beats depending on the song.

A IIm7 I progression is used a great in Latin music. They play the theme (melody) of the song then go to the IIm7 I progression and improvise their solo – then back to the melody. Sometimes that progression takes 50% of the song.

I love searching and experimenting with music and the Kn7000; what a way to spend my latter years.

John C.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online