SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#359853 - 01/29/13 11:04 PM new member and 6000 prob
baz66 Offline

Loc: Australia E coast
I sincerely thank nigel for allowing me to join this site as a new member.My name is Barry Murphy from east coast of aust.(baz)
Now to business. I have a kn6000 which I am about to sell. It appears they are only valued at $400 these days. Unbelievable for a KB that was so far ahead of it's time. I plan to update to audya5 but I also have a psr710 which is OK. I can still play at least.
However, the 6000 has a small problem that anyone interested needs to know about.
It has the sy-ew65nx upgrade board fitted and is running ver 7.1
I thought it should have been ver 1.1 but when it started having probs,I had the disks and used the 7.1 to see if it would fix it. It didn't
What it does:
Sometimes, the language needs to be reset to English. When I do this and press OK and exit, It won't save the setting and tells me to press the OK button.
This also happens on the display settings. It again will not save and if I press the diplay button again, it resets itself.
Not big probs but the KB is working perfectly in all other areas. I anyone has had similar issues, I might get some advice on what to do. Also, I changed the above board to the second slot but it made no diff. Does this mean the Main board possibly or is there something that I can do.
baz

#360011 - 01/31/13 06:08 PM Re: new member and 6000 prob [Re: baz66]
baz66 Offline

Loc: Australia E coast
I'm a bit confused here.Should my KB be showing a 7 build or a 1.1 build with the obove post board fitted. If it's the 1.1,does anyone know where I can get it. I already have the 1.3 but does it need the 1.1 first?
baz

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online