SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#344116 - 04/27/12 12:04 AM Left hand sounds
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
For the KN7 expert Panel.
I may have posed this question before but if i have, because of my disability (AGE), I may have forgotten.
When I have a voice on left 1 and keyboard split,I get strange sounds on the left with a lot of sustain, (mainly a piano sound when first struck) which eventually fades away. If I start the backing style it gives me the sound I selected originally with no variation.
I can overcome this by just cutting the style volume, but I feel sure there must be another way. HELP PLEASE
Ray

#344119 - 04/27/12 01:51 AM Re: Left hand sounds [Re: The Saint]
The Saint Offline

Replying to myself...... it does not happen all the time. Sometimes if I switch mode memory off it stops. Other times it does not occur with memory on or off?????
Ray
PS bit early in the morning for some of you no doubt!!!!

#344126 - 04/27/12 03:23 AM Re: Left hand sounds [Re: The Saint]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
If you want the style to begin straight away, have your "sync" button on as well as your auto-play chord mode. If not, then the mode button should be off.

I think this is what you mean.

#344127 - 04/27/12 04:05 AM Re: Left hand sounds [Re: The Saint]
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Ray,

I think what you are referring to is the 'CHORD' sound, which is normally active below the Split Point, until you start the Auto Accompaniment playing.
You can confirm this by pressing 'Program Menus' > 'Sound' > 'Part Setting' and use the Up-Arrow button to scroll through all the sounds allocated to the different parts (Right1,Right2,Left, Parts 1 through 16, Bass Pedal) an finally CHORD. This sound is generally set to an Electric Piano by default, but you can change it to any other sound you wish....
You can also set its volume to a lower level or even effectively turn it off by setting the volume to '0'.
Having set the sound and volume of the CHORD part, you can save this setting in Panel Memory along with all the other settings which you would normally include, in Panel Memories.
When you load another file from SD Card or Floppy Disk, the settings for the 'CHORD' sound will change to the sound which was present, when the file was originally saved.

Hope this answers you question Ray smile

#344160 - 04/28/12 06:33 AM Re: Left hand sounds [Re: Bill Norrie]
The Saint Offline

Thanks Bernie and Bill.
Bill, I think you are on the right track but at this stage I am not able to adjust or change the settings,(probably my lack of understanding the technology). I get to the CHORD section but nothing changes to eradicate this annoying sound. Surely this would not be a normal default setting as it does not happen all the time???? Also it is edited out if I take the Memory off in the Mode section, but this then edits out all of the sustain. Could you take me through it step by step please???
PS While searching through the menu section, I have discovered other features which I did not realise existed.

Ray

#344165 - 04/28/12 12:25 PM Re: Left hand sounds [Re: The Saint]
Bill Norrie Offline

I'll get back to you later Ray - doing a gig this evening and away tomorrow for a day.............

#344181 - 04/29/12 01:45 PM Re: Left hand sounds [Re: The Saint]
peter b Offline

Loc: nottinghamshire, UK
Hi Ray
Check your e mails

Peter b

#344192 - 04/30/12 12:41 AM Re: Left hand sounds [Re: peter b]
The Saint Offline

Thanks Peter,and Bill. Peter sent me an e-mail with a link to a Workshop which adequately explains what you said Bill, and I am sure I can eradicate the problem.
(My inquiring mind keeps asking "why is this a default setting" it appears to have no significant use)?? But no doubt you will have an answer!!!!
Ray

#344199 - 04/30/12 02:26 AM Re: Left hand sounds [Re: The Saint]
Bill Norrie Offline

As I'm sure you are aware, when you select the KN7000 Split Keyboard option, it kind of simulates a dual manual keyboard, with independent sounds above and below the Split Point. Technics in their wisdom, also added two extra sounds below the Split Point - The CHORD sound and the ROOT BASS (R.BASS), which help to fill out the left sound, when played without the APC operating. Both the CHORD and ROOT BASS sounds are under control of the user and can be changed, just like any of the other sounds. Both of these sounds cease to operate as soon as you start the APC playing and resume when you stop the APC.
You can disable the CHORD and R.BASS sounds by turning off the APC mode - Press the APC button - the LED turns off. If you select the Left sound ON by pressing the LEFT button in the 'Part Select/Conductor' section, you can have independent sounds in all three Parts (Left, Right1 and Right2), without the CHORD and R.BASS sounding. You can even use the Technichord in this mode. If you turn off the LEFT part, then the keyboard reverts to a total single sound, determined by the selected sound in Right1 or Right2 or both together.

The CHORD sound settings can be changed as I described in the post above - both actual Sound and Volume - but there is another way to change these settings.......
Press Program Menus Button > Sound > Mixer > Other Parts button TWICE, and the Mixer screen will display the settings for several of the available sounds. On the Right Hand side of the display, you will see settings for Bass Pedal, R.Bass, Chord, Left, Right1 and Right2. You can alter the setting for any of these six sounds. For example - to change the sound used in the CHORD, press the Top Left Screen button to highlight the 'SOUND' section of the display (Orange Bar moves) and then press ONCE, either of the two buttons below the CHRD slider on the the display - the currently selected sound for the CHORD will be highlighted. You can change the sound by either selecting one of the Sound buttons in the 'Sound Group' - the screen, will change to allow selection of the new sound, and then auto-revert to the Mixer display. You can also step through all the available sounds, by just pressing the Upper and Lower buttons below the CHRD slider.

Having selected a new sound, you can then set the Volume to your liking. Press the Fourth button from the top, on the left of the display, to highlight the Volume Section (Orange Bar moves) then use the two buttons below the CHRD slider to adjust the Volume. If you wish to mute the CHORD sound, then either set the Volume to '0' or press both buttons below the CHRD slider simultaneously - a small 'MUTE' icon will appear over the slider. Pressing either of these buttons again, will remove the Mute setting. The above procedure can also be used to change the settings for other parts, which are displayed on the Mixer screen - for example - the R.BASS sound and Volume. Note that loading other setups from Panel Memories or SD Card, will overwrite the settings for the CHORD and/or R.BASS which you have just made, and will reflect the sound settings which were present, when the SD card file was saved, or the particular settings in the Panel Memories.

However, you can use the CUSTOM PANEL facility, to store your new settings - including the muted/changed CHORD sound if you wish - and this will allow you to recall your new settings at any time, by just pressing a single button, instead of going through the above procedure. The settings in CUSTOM PANEL are retained through Power-down, since they are stored in Flash Memory. First, you should configure the CUSTOM PANEL mode as follows.... Press the CUSTOMISE button (Lower right corner of the panel) > Custom Panel Mode > select 'ALL PANEL' > OK and then press the EXIT button twice.

Having made your new Sound settings, Press and HOLD the blue 'SET' button in the middle of the Panel Memory group and then press the 'CUSTOM PANEL' button just to the Right of the Panel Memory group. This action will store your new settings for the CHORD / R.BASS sounds and you can recall this particular setup at any time, by just pressing the 'CUSTOM PANEL' button, once.

#344203 - 04/30/12 04:24 AM Re: Left hand sounds [Re: Bill Norrie]
The Saint Offline

Thanks Bill, when I take my long service leave I will follow this through LOL.
I knew you would have an answer, and for others who are lurking, waiting for a solution, or am I the only one? there it is.
Of course all I have to do now is go through all my settings( thousands) and all the others which I have acquired through this forum and make the necessary adjustments. WHEEHHHH!!! no more golf for a while!!!!
........Sometime Later....... after a lengthy study of your expertise..........Bill, there is a simple solution in your reply.
To change any settings I already have when I do not require the rhythm on, I simply turn off the APC,which gives me the sound I have set on Left split, save that to Panel Memory, and then change P/M with APC on for next setting when I need the rhythm backing. SIMPLE after all!!
You are brilliant, I knew I could count on SZ to help me out.
Ray

Edited by The Saint (04/30/12 05:28 AM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online