SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#70775 - 11/11/10 02:29 PM MORE SPAM?
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
Today an email arrived from Joan Banfield that I am positve did not come from her...

The message has nothing to do with music at all. It is about shopping on line, using pay pal... Hopefully, no one has damage to their computer as a result...

I have contacted Joan, sending her the copy I received... I do not open emails that are from a source I do not know &/or open websites on emails as suspicious as this one...lots of misspelling and grammatical errors....

Be wary and be cautious!
Elizabeth...

------------------

#70776 - 11/12/10 03:26 AM Re: MORE SPAM?
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
I also received that email and have contacted Joan. I suspect that her PC has been compromised by some mischievious idiot and has become part of a BotNet It is probable that everyone in her email address book will have received the same rubbish.....
There is a good description of 'Zombie Bot' computers here : http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/2008...led-by-hackers/

and here : http://us.norton.com/cybercrime/bots.jsp

[This message has been edited by Bill Norrie (edited 11-12-2010).]

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#70777 - 11/12/10 04:25 AM Re: MORE SPAM?
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Thanks for the warning Elizabeth.

Audrey

#70778 - 11/13/10 11:12 AM Re: MORE SPAM?
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Hi there Elizabeth, Bill, et al.
I really apologise for this spam - Bill notified me and I ran various packages on my hard drive and it found some Malware - this took quite some time. I have now deleted this and have also taken out all my email contacts that were in my listings on the browser. This will prove to be a pain in the butt for me to physically key in each time I send an email but at least it will ensure that should this happen again my email contacts won't be hassled by these "blXXXdy pests who have nothing better to do but disrupt things for everyone else.

Please do accept my sincere apologies. Joan

Bill I was going to contact you and thank you for alerting me and to tell you what I have done. Had to get to correcting it first though. I appreciate it. Joan

#70779 - 11/14/10 03:57 AM Re: MORE SPAM?
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
Hi Joan, this travelled all the way to OZ, and I recognized it from the previous spam.
Hope you have success in overcoming the problem with these fleas.
How are you all? I am in the process of selling and moving house!! Oh I hate this. I am going to lose my music room, but that's the price of getting old and down-sizing.
I don't mind down-sizing, but I am damned if I am going to get old!!!!!
The only consolation is, that i am moving to a villa complex adjacent to my Golf Club, and yet people will still not believe it was "The Gardener's" idea.
See Ya !!!
Ray

------------------
Ray The Saint

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online