SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#70443 - 08/03/10 05:13 AM An introduction to the Iopd for those who do not know
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
THE APPLE IPOD

They have many models, I purchased a Nano Ipod for $125 two years ago. It is not difficult to use. I loved the unit I would recommend it to anyone who loves music.
Why? I’m glad you asked.

Features that I love:
1-This little unit which I can hold in the palm of my hand is able to store about 700 songs. The unit can store and play videos and programs like the Bible, photos and games. The Ipod Classic has 160GB, my Nano has 8GB.

You will find more information here. http://www.apple.com/ipodclassic/features.html

2-All my CD’s are on my Ipod. Every song I recorded using my Technics with and without vocals are on my Ipod. Songs that my Technics friends have recorder are on my Ipod. My music library is always with me. I use it when exercising in the gym, in my home and in my car it plays through the radio.
3-The songs are arranged using the computer with the Itunes program, free it is part of the package. All the songs are placed on a main list. From this main list a playlist can be made.
Examples:
Recently played.
Recently added.
I have created a list for:
Songs my friends have recorded.
Songs that I have recorded on my Kn7 and the Tyros.
My vocal songs.
My Christian songs.
My sequences that I use for back tracks.
The list is limited by my imagination. Each list can be deleted or edited.
4-Information (Songs) can be added to the list in many ways. The Ipod uses MP3 and MP4 (Video). Place a CD in my computer and Itunes asks me if I wish to add the songs to the main list.
5-I can select a group of songs that are the best of the best and record a CD. Or place them on Box.net which is my share site.
6- You can use headphones or any amplifying system to play the songs.

My only reason for posting this subject is because I so enjoy having all my music with me anywhere I go. I have a 200 CD player which is no longer being used. My CDs are no longer in racks being displayed, they are all in this small Ipod in my hand. I just added a small Alsess mixer that will record everything I play directly to my Ipod. The Ipod can be plugged in the Line In imputes of the Kn7 for listening or the Microphone impute for more volume.

My Ipod has added to my keyboard enjoyment and my music enjoyment, it is worth a look-see.

Isn’t music fantastic?
John C.

#70444 - 08/03/10 06:17 AM Re: An introduction to the Iopd for those who do not know
TheSonicEnergyAuthority Offline

Loc: Peterborough,Cambridgeshire,UK
Is this Ipod thing something new?
I haven't heard about it before, oh yes that's right, I live in a cave, and I come from Mars..

Came across this today:

Got my son an iPhone for his birthday the other week, and recently got my daughter an iPod for hers, and was dead chuffed when the family clubbed together and bought me an iPad for father’s day.

Got my wife an iRon for her birthday.
It was around then the fight started......

#70445 - 08/03/10 07:05 AM Re: An introduction to the Iopd for those who do not know
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
JOHN....It does seem clear that you are a really "Happy Camper" with that IPod toy!

Not only is "The Sound of Silence" one of my favorite's musically....Where I live the actual sound of silence fills my world all night and every morning.
My radio has not worked for a couple of years. I was considering getting a nice Bose with a multi-CD changer.
At this point I have decided that "Silence is Golden." To have the silence broken by sounds from anything, except the birds, and the purring of my cat perhaps, is something I prefer to avoid.
Silence, I have found, is not only Golden, it is addictive!

My birthday is coming up on August 31st. It might be kinda nice to have an IPod to listen to in my car where I cannot be playing my 7K!

------------------

#70446 - 08/03/10 07:22 AM Re: An introduction to the Iopd for those who do not know
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
We all have strange interests... http://www.iopd.org.uk/
Rog

#70447 - 08/03/10 04:32 PM Re: An introduction to the Iopd for those who do not know
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Elizabeth,

If the silence and the birds and the purring of the cat are precious to you I suggest that you record about 30 minutes of what you love and then play it back on an Ipod. (smile) When it stops hit the repeat button.

The Ipod has been here for years, I discovered it two years ago and it has replaced some of my record and play-back units. It gives me another tool to enjoy – and that is my reason for this post, to share.

John C.

#70448 - 08/10/10 10:52 AM Re: An introduction to the Iopd for those who do not know
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
The iPOD IS a wonderful toy ... I have the music of many S-Z'ers on it ...
I own a BMW 325Ci that did not have an iPOD connection in it, so I purchased an adapter on-line and had a local automobile audio shop install it ... love it ...
t.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online