SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#70293 - 06/25/10 05:49 AM Bose Cinemate Series 11
Mike222 Offline

Loc: usa
I own the KN7000 keyboard, and have tried many speaker systems.
Bose 901's $1300 with high current amp, $1000..sounded good, but heavy and expensive.
I tried 2 Mackie Hr824 studio monitors $1300, sounded very nice and clear, but expensive and heavy.
Also, the Bose L1 compact system, $999 nice but not enough punch, soft on the lows. I tried the
Bose L1 Model 11 system with single bass, $2300, also nice but would need an extra bass module.
That system was more for on stage with 500 or so.

I recently purchased the Bose Cinemate Series 11 Digital Home Theater Speaker System, for $599. It has 2
array speakers, a bass module with bass control, and a small remote for on off and sound control. It has
all the power and lows that I need for gigs. An audience of 100 would be fine. I use a small Mackie equalizer
which enhances the bass and tone nicely. I also use this for karaoke, and the vocals are solid. With Bose, after
you purchase it, you can return it within 30 days, if you are not satisfied, with a full refund.
I am also interested in anyone who has tried this system. You need to hear it to believe it.

------------------

#70294 - 06/25/10 09:19 AM Re: Bose Cinemate Series 11
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Mike, With all due respect I have a friend who has your system and it is good – but it is designed to be a home system wires and all. The Bose compact was designed to be used as a quality PA for voice, I-pod, Guitar and some type of keyboard. I also use a Mackie mixer it has an EQ that I use and there are times when I use just an EQ stand alone unit. When I use the Mackie or the stand alone EQ with my compact I get more far more than I need.

In all fairness to your opinion, your Bose setup my be great for use in a home, I have often thought about buying one. But for carrying purpose – set up ease, and reaching the far end of a room without hurting the people in front of you the compact was my choice. I believe in the Bose company, every time I use their product just as say it should be used I find success.

Both units can do the job but to what efficiency? The Bose company has said to me that they design their units for a special purpose to get the best from your performance and for your dollars. One of the nicest things about the compact is that it can be used in many ways.
1- A stand tall unit with the speaker sitting high so to reach all over.
2- A medium height with only one extension so that it will be next to you for a personal sound.
3- No extention – it looks like a small compact amp and you able to sit on top of a table or chairs, or on top of a cabinet. Extremely versatile.

This is only my opinion no more, John C,

PS, I feel one must always sate how they will use an instrument or an amplifier and the type of music they favor. This will give all of us a better understanding making our replies more valuable. I feel you can not use the same type of amplifier to play Rock and Glenn Miller. If you do one will without doubt suffer.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online