SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#69733 - 12/19/09 01:45 PM Using Song Manager (PR804)
AnthonyCian Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
Hi everyone, been awhile since I posted. Glad to see this forum is still going on. I finally got a laptop and decided to try to use the Technics Song Manager and Recorder.

It took awhile to get things working and so far I got almost all working.

1). The recorder program works fine.

2). Download Technics PR Setup from instrument to Laptop which includes the sequencer works great also.

3). Uploading Technics format files from the Laptop to the PR works with one exception. It seems the Sequencer causes an error during the transmission. All the other types of Technics files downloads ok. But not the sequencer files, ACT (plain no jpgs) and the SQT files will not transfer to the PR.

Has anyone had this problem, and hopefully solved it? Or some suggestions to try out would be appreciated?

Using Dell Laptop with WinXP Home SP2.

Note: KN7000 owners are welcome to give suggestions, I believe the SongManger and Recorder programs are similar, not exactly the same but similar.

Thanks,

Anthony

[This message has been edited by AnthonyCian (edited 12-19-2009).]

#69734 - 12/28/09 05:41 PM Re: Using Song Manager (PR804)
AnthonyCian Offline

I would like try one more time and explain this more simple if I can.

In a nut shell, the Song Manager works fine, with one exception. Something is causing an error when I upload technics format files to the instrument. The culprit is the sequencer file.

I was just hoping maybe someone had this problem and found a solution. Or some ideas to try will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Anthony

#69735 - 12/29/09 11:43 PM Re: Using Song Manager (PR804)
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello Anthony,

Have you thought that perhaps the original sequenced files were for an older instrument?
Some of the older patterns and styles will not work on later models - because of programming variations.

Also, perhaps the current sequenced styles have been 'tweaked' on, or converted, from another instrument which could also cause problems.

I think I would try to download & save the sequenced files to a floppy or SD Card (whichever the PR804 uses) and see whether they play o.k.in the instrument. If they do, save them to your PR804, then download to your laptop either direct from the instrument, or from the originally saved floppy/SD Card.

Hope this helps.

Audrey

#69736 - 01/08/10 08:58 PM Re: Using Song Manager (PR804)
AnthonyCian Offline

Thanks Audrey:

Sorry for the late reply...

The seq files are in PR804 format, which loads and plays fine using the floppy. The PR804 doesn't have a SD Card Slot.

I will load the same exact files using the laptop to PR, but get a tranfer error only when it tries to load the Seq file.

I also downloaded technics format files from the PR to the laptop and it works, even the seq files saves. I will then take that exact setup and try to upload it to the PR, using the laptop and as usual get the tranfer error. I also copied the setup that was transfered from the PR to the laptop on a floppy which loaded on the PR with no problems.

The only other thing I can do is find another USB cable and see if that makes a difference.

Anthony

[This message has been edited by AnthonyCian (edited 01-08-2010).]

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online