SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#68369 - 03/24/09 08:21 AM Re-order your saved songs in SD Card
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Without moving them around...yes...
Press the SD Load button and then select 'favorite songs' - third down on the left hand side.
You can reshuffle your favorites into a different order...maybe the same order as your sheet music...
Rog

#68370 - 03/24/09 10:49 AM Re: Re-order your saved songs in SD Card
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
Good point, Roger. I use a playlist with my music pad pro and match the KN7000 favorite songs to the playlist. One tap on the display brings up the next music sheet and three taps at the KN7000 sets the keyboard up for the song on that music sheet.

#68371 - 03/24/09 02:35 PM Re: Re-order your saved songs in SD Card
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello Bob,

I've been considering getting a MusicPad Pro for sometime now and I understand you are an expert on this. Would it be possible for you to tell members of this Forum more about it, how you use it and what your opinion of it is? If your comments are too long for this site, perhaps you'd be good enough to email me. My address is as above.

Thanks in advance - Audrey

#68372 - 03/24/09 04:46 PM Re: Re-order your saved songs in SD Card
Bob Hendershot Offline

Audrey, at my age I don't consider myself an expert at anything except maybe taking an afternoon nap . . .

The Music Pad Pro is a single sheet display. It is great for some people, not so great for others. Since I play with lead sheets that are almost always on a single sheet, it works great for me. If you play from piano notation that needs five or six pages it's not as easy to use. It does have a look ahead function that helps, and you can page forward and backward using foot switches.

Transferring your music library to digital form for the MPP is not a simple task. But if it is done properly, the result is a display that is every bit as good as the original. I have over a thousand lead sheets in a format for my MPP, although I normally work from a USB drive that only contains about 500 of my most used songs.

There is a UK distributor but at the moment I can't think of the name. You really should look at the MPP before you buy. It's not cheap. There are several UK members of this forum that have MPP's.

See http://www.freehandsystems.com

#68373 - 03/29/09 02:53 PM Re: Re-order your saved songs in SD Card
Ann in New Zealand Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Hi Bob
I have recently bought a used Music Pad Pro and was interested to read your comments. You mention that transferring the music is not a simple task but if it is done properly the results are good. Would you please be kind enough to tell me how to do this so that I can achieve the best results. Many thanks.

#68374 - 03/29/09 03:41 PM Re: Re-order your saved songs in SD Card
Bob Hendershot Offline

Ann, the secret to good results with the MPP is to make certain that the size of the graphics file containing the music sheet is precisely 766 by 1022 pixels, and preferably in a .png graphics format. That file size duplicates the resolution of the MPP display. Then a simple FILE - IMPORT with the Music Pad Manager converts the file to Freehand format for the MPP. There are, of course, differences between old version 3 MPP's and the current version 4 models. If you need more detail, concerning creating the graphics file from the original score, etc, email me. It's a little too much to put on the forum. My email address is in my profile.

[This message has been edited by Bob Hendershot (edited 03-29-2009).]

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online